New Members, Welcome to our forum!

Welcome to APN! Forums Start Here Introduce Yourself New Members, Welcome to our forum!

• This topic has 1,279 replies, 709 voices, and was last updated 1 month ago by Cujo.
Viewing 15 posts - 301 through 315 (of 1,280 total)
  • Author
    medic72

@itsadisaster wrote:

Wow .. lots of preppers have joined since I last popped in here! Greetings from ‘zona everyone .. and welcome to APN! Make yourselves at home and please jump in wherever you can since we all learn from each other. 🙂 itsa

no kidding, Welcome everyone above my last post 🙂 🙂 🙂

ms2716

Thank you for your warm welcomes. It’s good to know there are so many like minded people around. I’ve come to learn that most members of the general population have zero interest and may even become upset when hearing the words “preparation” or “survival.” I first became interested in preparing for an economic collapse when Ben Bernakie the Chairman of the Federal Reserve said that our entire economy and banking system would collapse if the federal government didn’t bail it out with billions if not trillons of dollars. Even after that bailout continued bailout our economy is still squeaking by yet most people still do nothing to prepare. Almost everyone I know has car insurance, home owners/renters insurance, life insurance, etc. but yet they do nothing to insure for economic collapse. Anyway, I appreciate all of your posts.
    Take Care,
    Mike

farside

:clap: Welcome Patticakes, check out the Georgia State Forum. We are tring to get alot going. We do have a meet up this weekend in Griffin, Ga.. :thumbup: Hope to see your posts on the forum.
    farside

momtomany

Hi All! just stopping in to finally say Hi. lol I have been a mamber for a week, I frickin love it here! Everybody is so awesome and not rude! and very knowledgeable. Just great people everywhere I look, sure wish we could all be neighbors! Imagine the fun we could have! I feel at home in this forum. I do have a question that hasn’t been answered by anyone as of yet- are there special types of wood that don’t put off so much smoke? strange question but if SHTF I want to use wood for cooking and heating but there is no sense in putting out smoke if there are other types of wood that wouldn’t produce smoke trails. I don’t want to be waving a smoke flag for roaming people.

momtomany

err I guess I should look up how to build a fire too so that it produces less smoke maybe.

itsadisaster
    Participant

Greetings patticakes, askike and ms2716 .. and welcome to the board!! 🙂 And greetings to you again momtomany! A great question and since it might not get answered in here .. you might wanna copy & paste it into a new discussion in “Food & Water” forum under one of the subcategories like “general food” or maybe “drying, dehydrating & smoking” since we all could benefit from the exchange. Just a thought! itsa

momtomany

thanks so much I will do that.

EvilSB

thanks very much – I am really interested in prep, now, with the state of this world, and am looking forward to learning as much as possible.

-esb

OT Beech

Hello all from Virginia! In a sense I have been “prepping” for a long time and I just didn’t know it. Growing up around tornados everyone seemed to have a couple of weeks of supplies in the basement. I have been getting ready, in way way or another, since my youth. Imagine how fortunate I feel to find a forum of like minded people that is also a treasure trove of information! I believe being prepared is not only smart but the responsible thing to do. I hope to be able to contribute what I can. Thanks to everyone for all that you do.

Respectfully,
    OT Beech

Newt2

I sure appreciate this network! cause I need all the help I can get… from the accumulated knowledge of the group and since I’m relatively new to some aspects of prepping.

momtomany

well hi newt2 we’re neighbors! 🙂

cnstntlrnr

Newbie today! I have perused the posts a little and see that I will be doing a lot of reading and learning. I am so happy that I found the site. Cannot wait to also get into my state group, MN. Thank you!

momtomany

Be forewarned This place is awesome and addictive! In a GREAT way.

itsadisaster
    Participant

Welcome Evil SB, OT Beech, Newt2 and constntlrnr..! And yes momtomany .. this place is way addictive! I’d always lurked in forums in years past never posting anything .. but jumped right in here cuz felt so natural .. and now they can’t shut me up! 😀

mornings322

Hello to all. Was searching from one place to the next and came across this wonderful forum with so much usable information. I am glad I found it. Educating myself with self reliance and ways to survive has been a goal of mine to learn many ways and to teach my kids, ages 28 and 20 of how to do things other than run to the store. I hope to learn as much as possible from the forum and to be able to teach others.

Kathy

Viewing 15 posts - 301 through 315 (of 1,280 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
American Preppers Network Forum