New Members, Welcome to our forum!

Welcome to APN! Forums Start Here Introduce Yourself New Members, Welcome to our forum!

Tagged: ,

Viewing 15 posts - 526 through 540 (of 1,277 total)
  • Author
    Sica777

dl

Hello from the D-FW area of Texas! I’m totally new to the prepper idea and have been a city girl all of my adult life so I have a lot to learn!! This looks like a great site with lots of helpful folks! Looking forward to settling in and hopefully meeting a few people from my area too! Thanks for providing such a great site to do this!

itsadisaster
    Participant

Wow .. a lot of new peeps joined since I bounced in here last time..! Greetings to cwallen, Reardon, preppergal, oldcountryboy, ISYN, rach2warr, Safetymom, Sica777 and LibertysTears (and any others I might’ve missed) .. and welcome to APN!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Please make yourselves at home here .. tons of great data and incredible people to help you with the journey. 🙂 itsa

p.s. LibertyTears .. you’re in my ol’ stompin’ ground! Lived in D/FW metro for 15 years before I moved out here in ’96. 😀

Lomax

Hey ya’ll, it is nice to find this site and I hope I can be as give back 1/4 as much as I see I can benefit from it. I am a craftsman, and while not new to farming, its been 45 years since I cropped tobacco and raised corn and beans. Recently built a greenhouse and getting started in Aquaponics. I live in the Sandhills of NC and have a lot to do to get things to grow in this soil. Thanks to all of you for being here for my family. Onward thru the fog, Lomax

Trident

Hello, I am from the Eureka California area of northern Calif. I garden and participate as a local volunteer for our Red Cross as needed.
    Getting to be an elder and have been contemplating how I can be of help to my community when the need arises.
    Learning a lot about local disasters such as flood, fire and earthquakes. Love to fish and can my harvest.
    Trident

lildinks

Hello, im from the sw area of tn and im so glad to have found this site. Being retired now, i have lots of time to garden and preserve for future days. I hope i can learn as well as contribute to thsi site. It is good to meet all of ya’ll. Happy prepping!

welcome welcome!!! Wow we are growing !!! So good to see so many new folks arriving!! I hope to get to read your stories of how you came to be here, and get to read the posts of how you are preparing!!..
    Great to see you… city in CT

@SafetyMom wrote:

I just learned about this site from the MIllers Grain Store Radio show tonight. Been looking for a group like this. I live north of Pittsburgh PA and hope to network with others in my region who deal with the same weather, soil, etc. I am also looking for “like minded” people regarding our country’s sad state of affairs. God Bless this country and all it’s faults.

Not so sad.. We are still free so far and as long as we are free there is some hope!! welcome

itsadisaster
    Participant

Howdy Lomax, Trident and lildinks .. and welcome to APN! Look forward to seeing your posts around the forum since it sounds like you all have some great skills to share. 🙂 itsa

StChris4693

Hello,

Just wanted to introduce myself, Im Stephanie and new to prepping. Thank you for the great website! There are SO many valuable articles I don’t even know where to begin! Thanks again, and I hope this message finds anyone who reads it well.

Stephanie

@StChris4693 wrote:

Hello,

Just wanted to introduce myself, Im Stephanie and new to prepping. Thank you for the great website! There are SO many valuable articles I don’t even know where to begin! Thanks again, and I hope this message finds anyone who reads it well.

Stephanie

Hi Stephanie!! welcome to the Forums.. You need help just ask!!

KittenBites

Hello All,

I’m from just outside Seattle, WA and coming a little late to the game…sort of. >.<
    Looking for instruction and perspective as I try to plan for my family with little money and all the while maintain some air of normalcy for all outward appearances.
    I’ve been doing a lot of reading and list making, thinking and planning. I started my purchases by creating emergency 72 hour bags for my kids to have with them at school and by their beds at all times. These bags masquerade as earth quake bags but will easily become the bulk of a more complete bag..the kids can’t take self defense items to school. Of course, they will make good earth quake bags too 🙂
    My lists are overwhelming but I am trying to stay focused.
    I look forward to learning a lot here!

-KittenBites

itsadisaster
    Participant

Hi Stephanie and KittenBites .. and welcome to APN!! If you haven’t already .. pop over to your state forum at viewforum.php?f=36 and say howdy there too. And yes .. lots of awesome data here to sponge and wonderful peeps to help you along the way. But try not to let it overwhelm you .. just one step at a time and don’t hesitate to ask if you need help. 🙂 p.s. KittenBites .. your bags for your kids sound great!! 😀 itsa

KittenBites

p.s. KittenBites .. your bags for your kids sound great!! 😀 itsa

Thank you so much:)
    The bag idea came to me when I got a notification in my 7 year old’s backpack reminding parents to buy earth quake kits or make one if you hadn’t already and that if you couldn’t remember if you had last year (they follow the kid around year to year) then contact so and so to find out. SO I contacted Mr So and So and he said this disturbing phrase to me, ‘I will check out in the emergency shed to see if there is a kit from last year for Z. and get back to you.’
    Emergency shed? Why aren’t the kid’s kits IN THEIR ROOM WITH THEM where they spend most of their time? It also made me ashamed of myself because I have been far more diligent in the past about making good kits and keeping them up but what good does it do if the kits are all in a storage shed that only the adults know about? None of my kids have any idea where the shed is on the school property. We are overdue for at least an 8.5 earth quake.
    I understand wanting to keep prying fingers out of the emergency supplies but frankly, I feel that we treat our kids as ‘unable’. I have done this too. This world would turn them loose in sex, drugs, and confusing morals/lifestyles etc but then says they are too young to learn to handle a gun or other weaponry, build fires, cook at a stove, etc…if their parents were retaining these skills and passing them on as a family, our kids would not be ‘unable.’ I can just envision my daughter’s class (not to mention all the others), demolished, teachers hurt or worse and no one having access to supplies bought for what? To make us ‘feel like we’ve done something?’ Ugh.
    Now, like many, I am far more concerned about economic collapse, loss of aid, food and water and self defense than I am about earth quakes. I can’t prepare for every eventuality BUT I can do what I can. So each kid has their kit which is a modified 72 hour bag minus just a few things because they can’t have them at school and because they still have to put books and things actually IN their regular backpack which is also housing the emergency pack so while it is more involved than a typical earth quake kit, it is missing things like clothing beyond warm hats, scarves and gloves.
    And that’s the same scarf that my 7 yr old pulled from her bag, along with her mini 1st Aid kit and demonstrated an appropriate tourniquet technique on her daddy’s thigh, complete with proper dressing using only what she had. When her little arms weren’t strong enough to put real pressure above the ‘wound’ she got a stick, tied it in and torqued it tighter. They aren’t ‘unable’. She was vitally into what she was doing, so much so, that she got all gaggy imagining the scenario and asked me what would happen if she barfed on him. I told her that if she got sick, turn her head, barf to the side and keep going. It’s not the first time and won’t be the last that it’s happened, I’m sure.
    Anyway, I feel good about that one thing…working on a lot more.
    It’s good to be here:)

-KittenBites

Hey Kittenbites!! Welcome… cool that your kids are doing medical procedures LOL

Viewing 15 posts - 526 through 540 (of 1,277 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
American Preppers Network Forum