New Members, Welcome to our forum!

Welcome to APN! Forums Start Here Introduce Yourself New Members, Welcome to our forum!

This topic contains 1,266 replies, has 697 voices, and was last updated by  Margarette 1 month ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 571 through 585 (of 1,267 total)
  • Author

gettinready

Just getting started on this site. Looking forward to getting to know like minded folks. Here in SW Arkansas there are folks that can and do live off the land but not preparing for anything in particular, that’s just the way they choose live. I am hoping to meet a few folks in my area that are actual preppers to exhange ideas and be supportive. We all know something is coming and we are hoping and praying for the best in the world to come but we are also realists with the understanding that we need to get ready for the worst. My wife and I have been trying to get ready for whatever is coming. Good luck to us all.

We’re gettinready.

MooMama

Howdy from Wisconsin and welcome to the APN forums!

medic72

hello all new preppers! i have been busy lately i usually welcome everyone 🙁

welcome to the family!

tkatt

[/size]

welcome to the forum Tabitha

patriot101

Hi, my boyfriend and I are desperately trying to find like minded people in our state that are preparing for the worse case scenario. With the evils trying to purposely collapse the economy, we all need to try to store as much food, water, medicines and everything else as possible! We are hoping to have a “safety group” of people, because with chaos and hunger comes gangs and people stealing and killing each other. We want to protect our family and dont know how to hook up with a group. Our neighborhood is mostly safe, but when the cards are down, no telling what can happen. We are pretty close to a city and hope that the bad elements dont break into our houses in search of food. We pray bad times never happen.

MooMama

@patriot101 wrote:

Hi, my boyfriend and I are desperately trying to find like minded people in our state that are preparing for the worse case scenario. With the evils trying to purposely collapse the economy, we all need to try to store as much food, water, medicines and everything else as possible! We are hoping to have a “safety group” of people, because with chaos and hunger comes gangs and people stealing and killing each other. We want to protect our family and dont know how to hook up with a group. Our neighborhood is mostly safe, but when the cards are down, no telling what can happen. We are pretty close to a city and hope that the bad elements dont break into our houses in search of food. We pray bad times never happen.

Hi there, patriot01, and welcome to the APN forums. 🙂

We have individual state forums, too, so find the one for your state and feel free to introduce yourself there as well. 🙂

welcome to all the New Members ! From The State Of Connecticut

go4broke

Hello to all. I’m currently living in Minneapolis, MN. I’m largely clueless to prepping outside of getting weapons and long-term storage foods. I’m here to learn more.

momtoall

Hello to all! I originally signed up back in June of last year, but somehow got sidetracked and forgot about the site. Imagine my pleasure to find my way back, due to an invite from Nip to a podcast! Anyway, I live in the middle of Missouri (already signed up for my state forum lol), on about 5 acres. We’ve been prepping for a couple of years now, I hope to a place where we can survive when teotwawki comes, which I feel is very soon. Anyway, I look forward to sharing ideas, info and support with like minded people. As for those of you who said you don’t know where to start, the best way I know to start is with the grocery adds. When you buy groceries, shop the sales and when you buy, always try to buy at least 1 extra of what you can- before you know it, you’ll have extra, then you have to figure out where to put it! And you’re started. If you start paying attention to the adds, there is usually a pattern to the sales- ie can goods go on sale in your area every 6 wks, maybe OJ once a month, etc-try to take advantage by buying enought to last until the next time it’s on sale, plus some extra. Looking forward to the ride! Carol

itsadisaster
    Participant

A big ‘zona howdy to all our new (and old) members .. and welcome to APN..!!!! Please make yourselves at home here and don’t hesitate to ask if you have trouble finding something. 🙂 itsa

Steve
    Participant

Howdy! Another new member from upwind of Cleveland, Ohio. It looks like a lot of great resources here. The recent quake and tsunami in Japan convinced wife and daughters that I wasn’t crazy (well, not too crazy, anyway.) And a segment the next week on Good Morning America legitimized preparedness to those thinking we are all paranoid.

Found my way here from a link on Zombie Squad, another great source for preparing for disasters. Created by EMTs, Search and Rescue guys, etc., they use the zombie apocalypse as a metaphor for any disaster. If you’re prepared for zombies, you’re prepared for anything. Use them and this wonderful site for the fantastic wealth of knowledge that they offer.

Glad I found you,
    SP

tgp42rhr

Hello from the Catskill Mountains! We have been living off the land in varying degrees for over 20 years now. I maintain a vegetable garden, canning and freezing the produce, and hunt. Still learning new things all the time. Latest project will be to get the root celler operational again. Glad I found this web site!

Cheers!

smag66

Hello from Michigan! I’m new here, but I’ve been a prepper, to one degree or another, for about 20 years. I’ve gotten pretty serious in the past couple of years, and I was thrilled to find this site and my state site as well. No matter how much you think you know and how well-prepared you think you are, there is always more information to consider and ideas that you might never have thought of. I look forward to educating and becoming educated! 🙂

refugee

Hey folks,
    New member here from Kentuckiana, not new to prepping, but always interested in learning new things, I’m proud to NOT be a member of the tinfoil-hat brigade, my preps and my plans are for higher-possibility events, and not worrying about Martians invading. I’m a licensed HAM and will be checking into the local Comms forums here regularly!

!r

Viewing 15 posts - 571 through 585 (of 1,267 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

American Preppers Network Forum