New Members, Welcome to our forum!

Welcome to APN! Forums Start Here Introduce Yourself New Members, Welcome to our forum!

This topic contains 1,266 replies, has 697 voices, and was last updated by  Margarette 6 days, 18 hours ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 781 through 795 (of 1,267 total)
  • Author

helpmeet

thanks. so where does most of the convo take place? I am pretty lost on here.

onguard

:clap: I have been looking for a site like this for a while, Im from Texas just south of Houston and I am just getting started on my prepping. I have been telling my family we need to do this and my wife thinks Im crazy ( Oh nothing is going to happen , she says) Now I can show her Im not the only one who believes what we know is inevitable. Thanks for the site and now let me dig in and soak up all this information.

medic72

the amount of information on the site is unbelievable. if you are in texas you should probably go ahead and sign up in your states forum to get more localized info and meet and greets with people near you.

link is here to sign up for your state.

http://www.americanpreppersnetwork.net/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=5108

as for learning and reading and normal convo type stuff, there are many places to start

here is one, another topic in the same forum that you just posted in.

viewforum.php?f=616

after that, the choice is yours, so so many sections, just click on the board index and scroll down.

index is here for quick use

index.php

good luck and dont be afraid to ask questions

oh yeah, Welcome from SE Georgia!

:clap:

helpmeet

thank you. I will check it out.

Hello All,
    I have been preping for a while. I guess I just got over my fear of joning one of these groups. Being in education administration I must be careful what groups I join. Anyway, I have recently moved my family back to Mississippi from an extended stay, five years, on the wacky coast. It is good to be back home. Well, nice to read everyone’s posts and I hope to be able to contribute some of my ideas in the future.

-Zombie_Dancer :rolleyes:

Kitty9

Well, I just joined. Truthfully, I haven’t started preparing for when the shtf yet, but I’ve become increasingly worried about the way things are going with our government. The economic whatever its called is hitting my pocket directly and I’ve got a whole family to take care of. The huge company that mortgaged my house has been engaging in bad loans. There aren’t any jobs to be had around here, the food and gas costs have skyrocketed, the community help place up the street has no funding, and we have no local police force. It’s looking grim. And I don’t wanna be the stupid one who’s wandering the street begging when whatever is happening comes to a conclusion. So. What do I do now?

blue fox
    Participant

@kitty9 wrote:

Well, I just joined. Truthfully, I haven’t started preparing for when the shtf yet, but I’ve become increasingly worried about the way things are going with our government. The economic whatever its called is hitting my pocket directly and I’ve got a whole family to take care of. The huge company that mortgaged my house has been engaging in bad loans. There aren’t any jobs to be had around here, the food and gas costs have skyrocketed, the community help place up the street has no funding, and we have no local police force. It’s looking grim. And I don’t wanna be the stupid one who’s wandering the street begging when whatever is happening comes to a conclusion. So. What do I do now?

You have made the first step, welcome aboard.
    Now start small if you are on a budget.couple extra cans or packages of stuff each week. It will add up. Use coupons and sales for stuff. You will be surprised at how things will add up for you. 😀

reyj

this is rey j denver nc signing in

Hello everyone! new to prepping and I want to be ready for whatever is to come! I live in CT and I prepped for Tropical Storm Irene, and felt I was prepared for that strom, and we were unscathed by it. then two months later with the big nor’easter on Holloween weekend I found myself unprepared for the cold weather with no power for SEVEN days, and a 2 day supply of seasoned firewood. and a new respect for learning how to live in the 18th century in a 20th century house. I left my house with my wife and two year old son and made use of a BOL. Live and learn I guess. I have looked into the APN before and found it to be a wealth of information I hope to put to good use the next time shtf.

@bonfireprepper wrote:

Hello everyone! new to prepping and I want to be ready for whatever is to come! I live in CT and I prepped for Tropical Storm Irene, and felt I was prepared for that strom, and we were unscathed by it. then two months later with the big nor’easter on Holloween weekend I found myself unprepared for the cold weather with no power for SEVEN days, and a 2 day supply of seasoned firewood. and a new respect for learning how to live in the 18th century in a 20th century house. I left my house with my wife and two year old son and made use of a BOL. Live and learn I guess. I have looked into the APN before and found it to be a wealth of information I hope to put to good use the next time shtf.

Hey there BonfirePrepper,

Great to see you come on board.. It was very nice to meet-up with you and I look forward to talking more about all the great stuff we started talking about and never finished. Tell the Wife I said Hello and give your son a High five from Us.. I am sure you are going to learn and grow in knowledge here. Check out the board index page and look all around.. You will be pleasantly surprised with all of the posts the folks on here put up. A lot of smart people here.. If you have any questions don’t be afraid to ask.. Several people here just love to help out the new people on the forums, and then there is always me (c: Thanks for Giving the APN a try.. Bruce

It is my first time on. Call me max. I have been a prepper for along time but would like to learn more. My specialty is mechanics/welding. I am making gasifiers right now. Woodgas. I run my generator and cars on it. I will be happy to share all I know and give personal instructions or demos on how to build stuff. I do not know how to post picks or video yet but will learn how and post my prodjects.

Sasha

Here I am and it’s about time I found all you people. I was feeling very paranoid and alone until I started digging around the net. I just never knew there were so many of us. It’s a whole other world now. I look forward to getting to know you and to learn from you. Hopefully there will be little things I can share back.

Now I”m off to explore your little world in here, then I’m going to eat turkey!
    Happy Thanksgiving all.

@sasha wrote:

Here I am and it’s about time I found all you people. I was feeling very paranoid and alone until I started digging around the net. I just never knew there were so many of us. It’s a whole other world now. I look forward to getting to know you and to learn from you. Hopefully there will be little things I can share back.

Now I”m off to explore your little world in here, then I’m going to eat turkey!
    Happy Thanksgiving all.

Hello again Sasha,
    Good to see you learning your way around.. If you have questions just ask.. Bruce your Moderator

flyrod1

Howdy Everybody; pleased to be here!

My name is Dave, I live in Tallahassee, and I’m a recovering prepper.

(Actually I’m NOT recovering… I’m getting worse every day. Just tuning into the evening news and their disinformation every evening is all the motivation I need; forget the dire economic circumstances we’re in!)

My wish is to continue forming a f2f local network, and a sense of community…

dy

edprep1958

Hi all,

Here in CT, we’ve just been through a freak October snowstorm that many of you must have heard of by now. 900,000 + without power for up to 2 wks. That’s been my motivation to reach out and find out more about how to better prepare for such situations.

Looking forward to some interesting exchanges here, and locally. Hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving!
    Ed

Viewing 15 posts - 781 through 795 (of 1,267 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

American Preppers Network Forum