New Members, Welcome to our forum!

Welcome to APN! Forums Start Here Introduce Yourself New Members, Welcome to our forum!

Viewing 15 posts - 916 through 930 (of 1,275 total)
  • Author
    Hiker72
    Participant

@Im An Upstart wrote:

Thanks Hiker. Like I said, it will be easier now that the Wife is on board. I think most folks used to consider anybody with a ” survival” mentality a nutjob, but I think more and more “normal” folks are seeing the need to be responsible for their safety in the event of some sort of catastrophic event. We’re starting with our bugout bags and working bigger/longer-more long-term. I was glad to see posts on foraging and medical care.

No problem. The only other advice I would offer, right now, would be to do some good planning and thinking about your bugging out plans.

DrEngineer

Hello everyone,

I think it’s fantastic that so many people are preparing for whatever major disaster lies ahead, despite what the government continually tries to deceive the American public about. We are currently living in Los Angeles and seeking a new home and jobs in Oregon in the snow specifically, so if anyone knows of a cabin with a private owner we’re ready to go. We have two adorable little dogs that are family members. We could be doing much better in the prep department but money is a little light as I’m sure many of you experience. I have quite an eclectic background as a first responder and teaching ARC Disaster Training amongst many other talents and husband is a live sound engineer/other gifts. We’re hoping to make lots of new friends and not really too sure what to say right now. 🙂

Hiker72
    Participant

Welcome aboard Dr+Engineer,

Just feel free to jump in anywhere and ask questions or contribute wherever on the forum. You may want to check out your state forum as well.

schatz

Hello everyone. Been prepping for about 5 years and am active duty Air Force stationed in Virginia. Looking forward to being able to eventually settle down and establish a homestead somewhere out in the Northwest.

Berbatiotis

Hi all. My husband and I are new preppers out of Michigan. We have an urban home base and have a goal to get small rural plots of land up north a bit and down south (perhaps Tenessee). Glad to be here and looking forward to learning and sharing with everyone!

Hartski

Hello, everyone! New prepper here ready to get all the info I can before SHTF. The more I read and learn, the more I realize I don’t know.

Hiker72
    Participant

Welcome aboard Hatski, Berbatiotis and schatz.

For some good starting information –
    viewforum.php?f=616

You may also want to check out your state forum as well.

thorgrim 7

thanks for the welcome. i am digging-in this year as fast as i can. i think next year is going to get too… hectic? crazy? deadly? real bad :p

icepeak205

New prepper living near Chicago with 25 acres in SW Michigan. I look forward to learning what I can from people with a similar mindset and become more self sufficient/self reliant and less energy/grocery dependent.

TruVet12

It’s great to be a new member! My wife and I attended the Self Reliance Expo this past Saturday in Mesquite, TX. I was surprised my wife decided to go, and I’m happy to say she is on board now, but cautious. I think what convinced her that prepping is the right thing to do is that the Expo was well attended by “normal” people just trying to do the right things in case TSHTF. The vendor/info booths were exceptional, and that is how I came across the APN registration and forum. Thanks APN and thanks Self Reliance Expo! I/we are looking forward to communicating and coordinating with y’all! I am a retired Army guy (26 years) and grew up in Oklahoma. We live in Lewisville, TX and have 3 grown children, a 17 yr old son, and 2 grandchildren. We are still in the beginner stages of prepping, but are getting it together day by day, week by week, month by month.
    TruVet12 (Tony)

Hiker72
    Participant

Welcome thorgrim 7, icepeak205 and TruVet12

You can find a lot of good starting info here –
    viewforum.php?f=616

Sushikatz

Morning. New member here. Just starting would like to be part of a local community. I’m in El Segundo California and am a registered nurse.

Hiker72
    Participant

@Sushikatz wrote:

Morning. New member here. Just starting would like to be part of a local community. I’m in El Segundo California and am a registered nurse.

Welcome aboard. Always good to have someone from the medical profession here with us to offer their insights.

:clap: :clap:
    Hi there, I’d like to know better what this is all about. First time on a prepper site but I have read books and web articles. I got my gun, bullets and pantry is well stocked for two people even tho it’s just me. Any other widows/widowers out there trying to do this?

Hi, I am in the Twin Cities area of MN too.
    Got my nature book of edible eats, I know how to can, sew without a machine, and I am very calm in crisis situations. (think bomb threat at a law firm, medical emergencies with coworkers and slip n fall insurance scammers and heart attacks)
    Got 2 dogs, looking for someone – a true born again Christian man first and foremost – and of like prepper mind to possible date and marry and move the heck outta Dodge before txhtf day. Got a bug out plan and food/supplies, some tools, camping gear and lotsa stuff that one needs. Friends n I were talking and if it wasn’t real, this would make a great movie – oh wait..they did 2012….ha! The only one really prepping in my family, they think I am a Jesus nut job and don’t see the need to prepare for hell/heaven let alone disasters….I am in my mid 50s. Please email me at widowhprepperJesus@yahoo.com. Send a photo and I will as well and let’s get to know one another. ONLY WIDOWED OR Biblically divorced men who are USA BORN (NOT foreigners from Europe/Russia etc….) I am being up front and blunt but that’s how I got my husband (he passed away a few years ago but he was born again and God is leading me on!!) Alright, I am off to do more research! o/ widowh

Viewing 15 posts - 916 through 930 (of 1,275 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
American Preppers Network Forum