New Members, Welcome to our forum!

Welcome to APN! Forums Start Here Introduce Yourself New Members, Welcome to our forum!

Viewing 15 posts - 946 through 960 (of 1,275 total)
  • Author
    K0R3619

@hellbent37 wrote:

Hello all,

Like too many people, I am just starting off with trying to get prepared for whatever might come to be. We live in a condo so security is questionable as well as storage. Being self sufficient is limited to the fact that we can only grow a very small amount of food at any given time, and that isn’t enough to even try to preserve. Our neighbors don’t prep, or even seem to be aware of a need to try to do so, so there is no ability to try to rely on any of them for any reason. We also have limited resources as far as bug-out destinations. Any help would be welcome as to ideas to make our situation a little more secure.

pretty broad question, but I’m sure you’ll find all the resources you need here.

Hiker72
    Participant

@hellbent37 wrote:

Hello all,

Like too many people, I am just starting off with trying to get prepared for whatever might come to be. We live in a condo so security is questionable as well as storage. Being self sufficient is limited to the fact that we can only grow a very small amount of food at any given time, and that isn’t enough to even try to preserve. Our neighbors don’t prep, or even seem to be aware of a need to try to do so, so there is no ability to try to rely on any of them for any reason. We also have limited resources as far as bug-out destinations. Any help would be welcome as to ideas to make our situation a little more secure.

Welcome aboard.

There’s a few threads here that can help you get started and offer some idea’s on storage and making the most of your space –
    viewforum.php?f=616

You may also find some inspiration from here as well –

Home

sfmbr

Hello to everyone, I guess iv’e been prepping for 10plus years as a ham radio operator, but current world events have caused me and my family and some close friends to step it up a few levels.

Hello everyone! My name is Alana. My husband Gary and I are new preppers! We just started seriously prepping last year and we are looking to meet some other people from NJ who are preppers.

steveK

Hello all. My name is Steve im 25 and have been a “prepper” starting a couple months ago. So fairly new at this, any suggestions on where to start would be GREATLY APPRECIATED. Im currently living in Wichita. Im looking for people like myself to network with that would like and “need” the knowledge to survive in the days to come, for i know this is not doable by myself. I look forward to getting to know like-minded people like myself. Thanks and god bless.

Hiker72
    Participant

@helmthehammer wrote:

Hello everyone! My name is Alana. My husband Gary and I are new preppers! We just started seriously prepping last year and we are looking to meet some other people from NJ who are preppers.

Welcome aboard!

Be sure to check out your state forum here!

mmpaints
    Participant

welcome new members!

mecsjh1

Hello all, and thank you for such nice welcome messages to newcomers. My name is Mary and I’ve never joined any forum prior to this. My husband Steve and I just begun our prepping several months ago and as such are extremely wet behind the ears. I’m so grateful for a site like this as I’ve been floundering alone, trying to figure out how to make sure my family is prepared on a very small budget.

It’s funny, in a way (yet not) that prior to Nat Geo’s Preppers show I thought we were doing pretty good. I’ve been buying a few cans, boxes or bags of stuff here and there. I’ve been taking my $20.00 to the dollar store weekly and buying stuff for my first aid kit, my personal hygiene kit and my comfort snacks kit (got to make sure the grandkids have a few things around they are used to). I thought that people would think my silly for having a big Rubber Maid bin full of food. lol, lol…..when I say big I mean about 2 1/2′ wide by 3′ long and 3′ deep. :rolleyes:

Little did I know how puny my collection thus far was. The good thing is, the show got my husband to really pay attention. I don’t know about the myriad of reasons people feel all is going to come to an end. I’m just working off the fact that Nasa fully expects a gigantic solar flare within the next year that can, and most likely will, knock the electric grid out. Should that happen, I’m well aware of how the dominoes will fall.

The thing that scares me most is that we know no other people who prepare and, short of several baseball bats because we are a sports family, we have no weapons.

I believe that if people pool together, survival and rebuilding is going to happen. The economy has affected our way of life, causing us (like so many others) to lose our home and move to a rental house. Now, we’re forced to downsize so we can have a smaller monthly rent payment and be able to prepare better. The sad part (and scary) of that is we have a pool with over 10,000 gallons of water. Water I hoped to be able to treat and share with others. Facing having to move next to strangers has been weighing on me and finding this network is a huge relief.

I’m going to check out the Arizona sub-forum and get to know others in my state. So, thank you so much for this site, all the information, the welcome, and the time you must put in organizing this. Thanks to all of you!

I feel so much better having found you. :clap:

Mary

Tyson73

Hello from middle Tenn. This is my first time here and I am very interested in meeting others in mid Tenn area. Thanks Tyson73.

Hiker72
    Participant

@mecsjh1 wrote:

Hello all, and thank you for such nice welcome messages to newcomers. My name is Mary and I’ve never joined any forum prior to this. My husband Steve and I just begun our prepping several months ago and as such are extremely wet behind the ears. I’m so grateful for a site like this as I’ve been floundering alone, trying to figure out how to make sure my family is prepared on a very small budget.

Welcome aboard.

There’s a lot of good advice for new preppers starting out here –
    viewforum.php?f=616

Hiker72
    Participant

@Tyson73 wrote:

Hello from middle Tenn. This is my first time here and I am very interested in meeting others in mid Tenn area. Thanks Tyson73.

Welcome aboard. You might want to try the Tenn forum here on the board as well. I’m sure there’s folks in your area.

JennyBird

Hi all. Brand new to prepping… yeah, yeah, I’m a little behind, I know. I’ve gotten so far as to make lists of the million things I need to do, buy, and research. 😮 My next step is to figure out where to start. (The word *daunting* comes to mind.) I’m confident that you all will provide some great guidance!

Can’t wait to graduate “prep” school! :smartass:

Jenny

Hiker72
    Participant

@JennyBird wrote:

Hi all. Brand new to prepping… yeah, yeah, I’m a little behind, I know. I’ve gotten so far as to make lists of the million things I need to do, buy, and research. 😮 My next step is to figure out where to start. (The word *daunting* comes to mind.) I’m confident that you all will provide some great guidance!

Can’t wait to graduate “prep” school! :smartass:

Jenny

Welcome aboard!

You’ve came to the right place. Getting started is the hardest, but you got a lot of folks here happy to give out all kinds of advice. And don’t worry, we all started out with that same ook on our face.

The “How to Start” part of the forum here is a real good place to pick up a primer, in particular the top five threads –
    viewforum.php?f=616

itsadisaster
    Participant

Wow .. I miss logging in a few days and look at all the new members..! Howdy from AZ everyone and so glad you found us..! As Hiker has said, if you haven’t already .. consider stopping by your state forum at viewforum.php?f=36 to say howdy there too. Lots of amazing data here and awesome peeps to help along the way. And feel free to jump in when and where you can. 🙂 itsa

ottocus

Hi … I’m new, I haven’t hardly even begun to prepare, but I’m resolved to get going on this.

I’m sure that as I go along, I’ll have a million questions, and it’s great to have someplace to go and get answers.

My name is Sandy, and I’m from Wisconsin.

Viewing 15 posts - 946 through 960 (of 1,275 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
American Preppers Network Forum