New Members, Welcome to our forum!

Welcome to APN! Forums Start Here Introduce Yourself New Members, Welcome to our forum!

Viewing 15 posts - 961 through 975 (of 1,279 total)
  • Author

Thank you for the welcome. I am delighted to be part of this group and anticipate learning and being prepared for what appears to be an uncertain and problematic future.

earwigged12

Good evening all! You seem like a friendly bunch of folks. I’m kinda new to prepping and woke-up not too long ago but have been getting more and more involved ever since. Don’t know anyone else in my area but I’ll check into my state after I say ‘HELLO’!
    What I’ve been doing to prep among other things is seed saving and growing and canning our own food. Kinda picky about what I eat anyway so it works out for me! 😀
    Hope to get to know some of you and learn much more!

“Give a man a vegetable, he eats for a day. Teach him to garden, he eats for a lifetime.”

rcrazyone

hi from Ron & Barb hope to learn some new things one here !

Lionheart1972
    Participant

Greetings to all the new preppers and welcome from NE Kansas. Please try to go to your state forum and say hello. You will find it much easier to connect with people close to your area.

Buttoneer

Pa Prepper: Buttoneer. :tank:
    Thanks for allowing me & my husband to join this network. We live in Pa. and have been prepping for the past couple years but are getting really serious about it now. We have a pond (will get cleaned up & out this spring), a greenhouse attached to the house, a small stream close enough to pump water out of, ammunition, food stored but need to store more, and our wits. We were in business for 20 years and our wits & business sense kept our business going until we got tired of the hassle and B.S. in the electronics industry. We buy clothes at thrift shops, we belong to BJ’s and can buy in bulk to an extent, have a small camper, etc. I am a Ham Radio Operator since 1978 and have a mobile transceiver that can run on 12V. So nice to meet you all and hope to learn more survival tactics we are lackin in.

smalltowngirl
    Participant

Hello from NW Missouri. New to prepping. Don’t have much collected yet. But I did get my husband on board so I figure I have the hard part done. I have been doing a ton of research and have learned an enormous amount of info. Gets to be very overwhelming. But, watching the daily news is a good motivator! I love reading all of the forums. It is comforting to know that there are so many preppers out there. Lots of good resources to turn to. Thanks to all of you veteran preppers for your patience with us newbies. I am sure our questions can become cumbersome. :crazy:

Hiker72
    Participant

@smalltowngirl wrote:

Hello from NW Missouri. New to prepping. Don’t have much collected yet. But I did get my husband on board so I figure I have the hard part done. I have been doing a ton of research and have learned an enormous amount of info. Gets to be very overwhelming. But, watching the daily news is a good motivator! I love reading all of the forums. It is comforting to know that there are so many preppers out there. Lots of good resources to turn to. Thanks to all of you veteran preppers for your patience with us newbies. I am sure our questions can become cumbersome. :crazy:

Welcome aboard!

Getting the significant other on board can be a challenge. That you did is a good start.

A good place to get a primer is here, in the top five threads –
    viewforum.php?f=616

iwshihad1

Hello everyone, My name is Andy. I live here in beautiful New Richmond, Wisconsin. I have to say that I am totally new to the idea of prepping! With the Dec 21, 2012 predictions, I (and I have NEVER ever been even remotely worried about ANY end of the world predictions) am someone who really trusts their gut instincts! And my gut says to get prepared for the end of the year! I have no idea how to go about any of this, but I do know I need to start. I have 2 kids, 11 and 13 yrs old and a girlfriend of 7 years. They are the main reason I dont want to get caught “with my pants down”. So thats a little about me. I am new to forums and posting also…lol…took me a bit to figure out how to get to this screen! dont laugh! 🙂

Any suggestions on how and where to start would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks and looking forward to learning from you all,

Andy and family

Jodym

Good Morning!
    New Prepper here but living in angst for many years. Time to get educated!
    I’m currently living in Wichita Kansas and looking for local people/groups as well as nation wide friends.
    Thanks Soo much for this forum. Its nice to know I’m not alone.

Much Blessings,
    Jodym

shrink254

Hello Everyone!

I am glad I found this website and that there are like minded people out there! I began preparing last year and have gotten some things together but I am at a loss when it comes to firearms and self-defense. We live in a semi-rural area but are looking for some lands further out. Does this group ever host meetups and vital training camps? Please let me know

Hiker72
    Participant

@shrink254 wrote:

Hello Everyone!

I am glad I found this website and that there are like minded people out there! I began preparing last year and have gotten some things together but I am at a loss when it comes to firearms and self-defense. We live in a semi-rural area but are looking for some lands further out. Does this group ever host meetups and vital training camps? Please let me know

Welcome aboard!

To your questions – not to my knowledge, but one of the moderators might be able to better answer that. However with that said, check out your state forum here as well. There might be some additional preppers in your area that can help out.

rangerprep

Hello all,

I have been a , “Prepper”, still don’t like that term so to speak, for pretty much all my life. I prefer to call my self as a person that pays attention to detail and dosn’t want to be a victim or a statistic. Looking to meet others in the Dayton Ohio area to share info, ideas and to network. I’m not the best on the P.C. so any help would be appreciated. Thank you.

Hiker72
    Participant

@rangerprep wrote:

Hello all,

I have been a , “Prepper”, still don’t like that term so to speak, for pretty much all my life. I prefer to call my self as a person that pays attention to detail and dosn’t want to be a victim or a statistic. Looking to meet others in the Dayton Ohio area to share info, ideas and to network. I’m not the best on the P.C. so any help would be appreciated. Thank you.

Welcome from central Ohio!

I’m pretty sure there are some folks out your way. When you get the chance, stop by the Ohio forum and post –
    viewforum.php?f=71

Hmm_whatnext

Howdy from Central Arkansas. Husband and i are fairly new preppers. Kind of overwhelming at times but well worth it.We enjoy watching the new Doomsday prepper show on natgeo channel on dish.

Thank you to all who have made this forum and all the different blogs and postings through out. So a little background should be in order here. I have been what everyone calls a “Prepper” for a number of years now. Small and simple things at first but since 9/11 it has taken a more serious turn and a more practical one geared toward more self reliance as apposed to personal and family protection. Within the last 5 years we have acquired a trailer, a cab over camper and 5 acres of land in the Southwest with an airstrip big enough to land and take off anything I might need to fly in or out being a pilot. Our goal is to construct what we need staying off grid and self sufficient using wind, solar, wood, and in a pinch propane and diesel. I am very well versed in the trades so none of this is a mystery to me to accomplish. The backyard food production and storage is where I fall flat, hence the reason I am here. I look forward to sharing my skills and knowledge of the trades with those that need help there but am very keen on learning all I can gleam from everyone else toward the food side.

Thanks to all in advance

Doomsday Daddy

Viewing 15 posts - 961 through 975 (of 1,279 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
American Preppers Network Forum