New Members, Welcome to our forum!

Welcome to APN! Forums Start Here Introduce Yourself New Members, Welcome to our forum!

Viewing 15 posts - 91 through 105 (of 1,269 total)
  • Author
    IceFire

Welcome, Jonas!

kymber

OH Welcome Jonas – we are super glad that you found us! and we look forward to your sharing all of your knowledge and experience!!! Welcome friend!

bish4992003

Hello from Mississippi, I am thrilled to have found your forum, Thanks Wikipedia!!

I have been looking for a prepper group, I once thought I was a survivalist but that always sounded kind of rough for a Southern Lady…Now I know what I really am, a Proud Prepper. I started preps about 4 months ago, talk about late!! Now I worry a little more everyday if I will have the time needed to lay in all that I think we need. My family, spouse(city born & raised) and 2 diva’s uh, I mean daughters, 14 & 24, pretty much think I’m crazy, (The youngest one not so much..thank goodness, but I believe in the end they will be happy to have benefitted from the preps I do..

All helps and tips will be appreciated, sorry for the generic user name, but you can call me…

Dee

IceFire

Welcome, Dee! You’ve made the most important step….you’v recognized the need to prep and have started taking steps to do so. That’s WAY more than most people have done. There are lots of folk on here that can help out wiith any questions you might have, so don’t be afraid to ask.

kymber

Welcome to our board Dee – we are very glad to have you here! and yes – survivalist is too rough for a southern lady….prepper is much better! you will be glad to note that we have a ton of ladies on our board and on the APN/CPN blogs – you will feel very welcome here!

and like IceFire said – if you have any questions – just yell!!! we are here to help!

Vina8

Welcome, Dee. We are very happy you found us. We also have several members who struggle with the lack of support from family members. Many posts have been written on this subject that you may want to look for. And you are right, they will happy you did your prepping when things get tough.

badfishblack

Hi, my name if Liz and I have been wanting to do this since 1986. I use to make my own traps, weapons and I have a very green thumb. I am now 39 going on 40 and I want to learn how to can, pickle, hunt and freeze food. My husband and I are getting ready to move to Atlanta from K.C, Mo and He is not on board with my vision. Also I found out about you guys from the BBC

okie B

Welcome badfishblack! Glad you’re here! And I hear you about the husband — mine tolerates me to an extent, but then he says no more. I’m working on him though. Hope to see more posts from you soon!

Vina8

Welcome, Liz. You are among friends. It is too bad your husband isn’t supportive of your prepping…yet. He may come around. We have quite a few folks on the forum who face similar problems with their significant others, and we have had several discussions about it. Here is a link to the forum regarding spouses: getting-your-spouse-on-board-f119.html.

It sounds like you already have a lot of valuable skills that I hope you will share with us. We have several experts on the subjects you wish to learn. Don’t be shy and jump in with both feet. I look forward to your posts.

kymber

Liz – Welcome to our board – we are sooo glad to have you! your experience speaks a million words! please feel comfortable here – and please share your extensive knowledge – we loooove people like you!

IceFire

Welcome, Liz! The great thing about this board is the exchange of information! We all have areas in which we’re at least somewhat knowledgeable, and others where we need all the help we can get. Nice thing is, there is such a diversity of knowledge here, we all help each other to “fill in the blanks”. You’ll fit right in!

lghb
    Participant

Hello folks. I live in northern KY. I have been hitting the KYpreppers network pretty regularly. I am always looking for the knowledge that others are so generous to share. Preppers are a generous bunch!

Vina8

Welcome to APN, lghb. I am glad you joined us.

kymber

Welcome Ighb – we are very glad to have you here – we love Kentucky preppers!!! glad to hear that you have been hitting the KYNetwork regularly – Matt runs a really tight ship over there! i think that you will find lots of generous people here – we have some of the best people on the net!!! so jump in and if you have any questions – just yell!

2nd try.

My name is Cyndi, I live on a Homestead.

I found out about ‘Preppers” on a BBC newscast earlier this week …. I’m thinking that is the suburban/city equivalent to our country homesteaders! And that excites me!!!

We have had our acreage since 2002, but have lived the ‘homesteading’ lifestlye much longer than that. We farm with draft horses … my husband does leatherwork & blacksmithing. I make milk soaps, spin fiber (and then various fiber arts), we grow about 90% of our foods including: Beef, Pork, Poultry (chicken, geese, duck, turkey), as well as Eggs & Honey. We have a pretty big garden of vegetables, herbs & berriesand grow other fruits such as apples, cherries, peaches, pears & grapes.

I can / dehydrate / freeze what we need and sell the rest at our local Farmer’s Market

Good to meet all y’all!

Cyndi

Viewing 15 posts - 91 through 105 (of 1,269 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
American Preppers Network Forum