New Members, Welcome to our forum!

Welcome to APN! Forums Start Here Introduce Yourself New Members, Welcome to our forum!

Viewing 15 posts - 1,051 through 1,065 (of 1,269 total)
  • Author
    HHornejl

Not sure if I am in the correct place for new members. Not sure how to post

grannycan2

Hi!
    I am looking forward to communicating with other preppers, sharing information, and encouraging all in prepping efforts!

ReadyMom

Welcome to you both.

by grannycan2 ยป Tue Mar 06, 2012 7:44 pm

Hi!
    I am looking forward to communicating with other preppers, sharing information, and encouraging all in prepping efforts!

This first post was a good start. Just click on the items you want to read. If you would like to comment click on the ‘Reply’ button. A new window will pop up with an empty box. Type in that box and then you can ‘Preview’ your post or ‘submit’ your post. Don’t worry if you make a mistake. It happens and we’ll help you along. But … really …. it’s EASY! -k
    -k

Well hello fellow preppers…. I’m Jeff, pretty much a newbie at prepping, I only have a g.o.o.d. bag or bug out bag already prepped.
    I believe having more people for a group would be the best way of surviving, and I don’t only want to survive, I want to thrive. :gunsmile:

itsadisaster
    Participant

Wow .. lots of new members since I last popped in here .. WELCOME EVERYONE..!!!!!!!! ๐Ÿ˜€ If you haven’t already done it, consider stopping over in your state forum at viewforum.php?f=36 .. and say Hi there too..! Lots of great data to sponge here and awesome peeps to help along the way .. and don’t hesitate to jump in since we all learn from each other. ๐Ÿ™‚ itsa (Janet)

reavesg

I just joined and I really don’t know where to begin. Any suggestions would be welcome.

itsadisaster
    Participant

Hi revesg! A great place to start is in the “How to Start Prepping (The Basics)” forum at viewforum.php?f=616 .. then just start snooping through various forums that look interesting to you. When I first joined I spent about a week just reading and reading and reading .. then I started posting on discussions that were interesting to me – and now they can’t shut me up! ๐Ÿ˜†

okie45

Hello. New to the site, new to prepping. Not sure if I am a prepper or not, but I do feel that it is time for us to take notice and start helping ourselves. I live on 10 acres in south central Oklahoma and feel that I want to start having the land work for me and not be so dependent on Wal Mart…LOL. I have increased the size of my garden this year, going to learn how to save seeds and canning. My wife is on board with this. I have a oak tree about every 3 foot, so I have a source for heat and barter. I have a creek that runs 8 months out of the year and I am buying items right now to dig my own well…so I think that I am heading in the right direction. I love all the posts and will be checking in as much as I can.

Hi Everyone from Madison, WI!!!
    Looking forward to learning and contributing!

Thanks for having me…..
    A.

itsadisaster
    Participant

Welcome okie45 and Nebudchenezzar1 .. and okie – I’m sooo jealous! ๐Ÿ™‚ We’re trying to get back out that way but housing market and hubby’s health have dictated otherwise. Glad you both found us and look forward to seeing y’all .. and all our new members .. around the forums as you settle in. itsa

caukie-222

Hello everyone and thanks for the welcome. My husband and I are new to prepping, but not completely inexperienced. I’ve always been thrifty and had something put aside for a rainy day…or week…or month! I’ve known some very hard times and was single for a long time so I learned a lot just through life experience. My husband is retired military and an excellent marksman which comes in very handy in a true survival situation.

I’ve always done canning, freezing, a bit of dehydrating and as much gardening as my shaded city lot will allow.

I’d like to learn as much as I can about prepping on a tight budget (we are trying to pay off credit cards and become debt free) and more about food preservation and storage. We have a small basement. I’d like to find ways that I can make my own food rotation bins, boxes, units…etc. since we just don’t have the money for the retail units.

I’m so happy to have found this group and am looking forward to a very educational and fun exchange of ideas.

MEESA

HELLO…. i am a mom of 5…there r a total of 10 fam members that i am starting to prep 4…i am new to all this and im willing ( so is my husband) to learn everything we can……Thank u…..meesa

tomoneill

hello. i’m new to the american preppers. I.m a infantry vet./mechanic/carpenter.Just pretty good with my hands. Looking for like minded folks….aging: hello: ๐Ÿ™‚

Hiker72
    Participant

@caukie-222 wrote:

Hello everyone and thanks for the welcome. My husband and I are new to prepping, but not completely inexperienced. I’ve always been thrifty and had something put aside for a rainy day…or week…or month! I’ve known some very hard times and was single for a long time so I learned a lot just through life experience. My husband is retired military and an excellent marksman which comes in very handy in a true survival situation.

I’ve always done canning, freezing, a bit of dehydrating and as much gardening as my shaded city lot will allow.

I’d like to learn as much as I can about prepping on a tight budget (we are trying to pay off credit cards and become debt free) and more about food preservation and storage. We have a small basement. I’d like to find ways that I can make my own food rotation bins, boxes, units…etc. since we just don’t have the money for the retail units.

I’m so happy to have found this group and am looking forward to a very educational and fun exchange of ideas.

Welcome from another Ohio native!

When you get the chance, stop by the Ohio forums here and say hello as well.

You also might want to check out this forum too –
    viewforum.php?f=616

In particular the Storage Solutions and The $50 Prepper thread’s.

KKTREVAIL

Hi! We have just started to prep for any type of global disaster. I would love to know the best way to acquire food for long term storage. Is it cost effective to buy prepackaged meals or do it yourself. ie, can, dehydrate, freeze dry. Would love some advise.

thanks, kk

Viewing 15 posts - 1,051 through 1,065 (of 1,269 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
American Preppers Network Forum