New Members, Welcome to our forum!

Welcome to APN! Forums Start Here Introduce Yourself New Members, Welcome to our forum!

Viewing 15 posts - 1,171 through 1,185 (of 1,276 total)
  • Author
    Steeldriver

Howdy! Northern tip of Arkansas here, been prepping for a couple months now. I am a husband and a father. I am a student and I am excited to learn as much as I can from everyone here. My ears and eyes are open. Thank you all for havin me.

dw_ak

Hello and welcome Prepper2012, Alvin9861, Greenthumb, PNW, lee1sfga, and Steeldriver. This place has grown so much, but it still has that small website feeling. Almost everyone is more than helpful with advice or personal experience so don’t be afraid to post questions. Of course with any family we have our crazy uncles too…if you encounter them, just nod and smile. They generally won’t bite.

erudne

HI
    Thanks
    Same to you

Hello All .
    My name is Jim
    I am into geothermal heat pumps , solar power , generators and of course prepping. I am looking for like minded folks in the Vermont / New York area

@geothermal100 wrote:

Hello All .
    My name is Jim
    I am into geothermal heat pumps , solar power , generators and of course prepping. I am looking for like minded folks in the Vermont / New York area

Hi Northern Neighbor,
    We find ourselves in Vermont quite a lot in my family.. Would love to get a place up there one day to have a base camp instead of a tent ..Getting to old to sleep on the ground :crazy:

Interested in Solar and would love to hear more about what you are doing with it.. so totally a Neophyte in that area , but would love to learn.

Hi from Fresno, CA. I’m new and don’t have a clue what I’m doing, only that I need to prepare. I’d like to join a local or close group. Anyone out there?
    Also would like to attend a workshop. Any suggestions? Thanks.

Hiker72
    Participant

@Salt and Prepper wrote:

Hi from Fresno, CA. I’m new and don’t have a clue what I’m doing, only that I need to prepare. I’d like to join a local or close group. Anyone out there?
    Also would like to attend a workshop. Any suggestions? Thanks.

Welcome aboard!

Start by looking over the forum here, this will help you get your food & water storage squared away –
    viewforum.php?f=616

Join your state forum to say hello and network with your neighbors –
    viewforum.php?f=42

As far as workshops, I’m not sure. I’m sure you can get some basic skills training from folks like Red Cross, but anything more than that, I would check with your state group.

Whisper
    Participant

Welcome all the new people to APN!!!

met2694

Hello all. My name is Matt and I am very impressed with the forum and look forward to learning from your experiences as well as contributing my own. I am in the process of starting a business to help supply our prepper community with inexpensive, high quality, pieces of gear and apparel.

kpitts

Hi everyone. I am Kari. My husband and I are new to prepping and so far i am enjoying all the information I am getting. I look forward to meeting like minded locals.

Welcome Matt and Kari!!!

newgirl

Hey everyone,

I am new to prepping and don’t know the first thing about it but because I have a strong fear of impending disaster I joine this forum to get help prepping.

Hiker72
    Participant

@newgirl wrote:

Hey everyone,

I am new to prepping and don’t know the first thing about it but because I have a strong fear of impending disaster I joine this forum to get help prepping.

Welcome aboard!

Well there are some real good primer threads found here –
    viewforum.php?f=616

If you have anything specific you are looking for, feel free to look around the forum. Chances are it’s probably been discussed before, but if you don’t find it, ask away!

welcome newgirl.
    we have all been exactly in the same place at one time..I’m still learning and have a long way to go. Which has gotten much shorter since I joined APN and have been practicing as much as I can what I have been learning since I joined in 2009. #1 thing was get out of debt.. #2 was to make a pantry.. LOL #3 was to get off the oil pipe line heating my home. We heated all winter here in Balmy CT with wood!! Free wood at that!!

newgirl

Thanks!!!

Viewing 15 posts - 1,171 through 1,185 (of 1,276 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
American Preppers Network Forum