New Members, Welcome to our forum!

Welcome to APN! Forums Start Here Introduce Yourself New Members, Welcome to our forum!

Tagged: 

This topic contains 1,263 replies, has 694 voices, and was last updated by  Michelle 2 weeks, 4 days ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 106 through 120 (of 1,264 total)
  • Author

lghb
    Participant

Cyndi, I’m jealous.

Vina8

Great to have you, Cyndi. I look forward to your posts and learning a lot from you. We have some members here who are also hard core homesteaders who I am sure will give you a shout. Phelan and MMPaints among others have some helpful blogs of their own. We also have urban and suburban preppers and many of us in between. I would love to know more about your work with fibers.

kymber

Welcome to our board Cyndi – we are very glad to have you! you sound like you have alot to offer to our board…and we have some of the best preppers and homesteaders on the net here! so come in, look around and enjoy! contribute to the threads that you can and yell if you have any questions!

Uvajed

@mullerslanefarm wrote:

2nd try.

My name is Cyndi, I live on a Homestead.

I found out about ‘Preppers” on a BBC newscast earlier this week …. I’m thinking that is the suburban/city equivalent to our country homesteaders! And that excites me!!!

We have had our acreage since 2002, but have lived the ‘homesteading’ lifestlye much longer than that. We farm with draft horses … my husband does leatherwork & blacksmithing. I make milk soaps, spin fiber (and then various fiber arts), we grow about 90% of our foods including: Beef, Pork, Poultry (chicken, geese, duck, turkey), as well as Eggs & Honey. We have a pretty big garden of vegetables, herbs & berriesand grow other fruits such as apples, cherries, peaches, pears & grapes.

I can / dehydrate / freeze what we need and sell the rest at our local Farmer’s Market

Good to meet all y’all!

Cyndi

Hi Cyndi, I’m Cindy

We’re empty nesters, shortly going to be renewed nesters with the gov intrusion into our lives forcing the chicks to come home. Anyway, welcome aboard from one Cindy to the other Cyndi. Prep on!

webber2560
    Participant

Vietnam combat medic 101st Airborne. Ambulance driver with the military in Germany and as a civilian in the United States.Worked for the Postal Service over 30 years.Currently transporting special needs children over 6 years.Heard about you on the Doctor Prepper radio blog.

Vina8

Thanks for joining us, Webber. Thank you for your service and welcome to the board. I look forward to hearing more from you. Just jump in and let us know if you have any questions.

wELCOME wEBBER2560
    Nice to see another New Englander!!

IceFire

Welcome aboard, Webber! Thanks you for your service. Nice to have another “vet” on board!

kymber

Welcome Webber – we are always glad to thank a vet and welcome them to the board – we’re glad to have you!

mr bill

Welcome Webber.

RogueSun

Hi Y’all! 🙂

I’m Raymond from Texas. I’m new to prepping. I guess you could say I’ve recently started waking up from blind dependence. My grandparents lived through the 30s and WWII and moved from the country to the city. Unfortunately I didn’t pay as good attention to how they lived as I should have. Better to be one step in the right direction. Anyway I’m glad to find a network of like-minded folks.

itsadisaster
    Participant

Howdy Raymond and welcome! What I love most about this forum is it runs the gamut from brand new newbies to folks completely self sufficient and everyone is so helpful. Taking that first step is SO important — just try not to get too overwhelmed. One step at a time. Tons of great data here (I’ve still got tons to read) but jump in, ask, contribute and sponge all you can! 🙂 j

Uvajed

@roguesun wrote:

Hi Y’all! 🙂

I’m Raymond from Texas. I’m new to prepping. I guess you could say I’ve recently started waking up from blind dependence. My grandparents lived through the 30s and WWII and moved from the country to the city. Unfortunately I didn’t pay as good attention to how they lived as I should have. Better to be one step in the right direction. Anyway I’m glad to find a network of like-minded folks.

Welcome aboard! Here’s the clue, you figured it out and are now paying attention. And believe it or not, we’re not all out here clinging to our guns and religion. We see the writing on the wall, and are preparing. We have all levels of experience. Ask questions, everyone here is ready to help as best as possible. The die hard survivalists to suburban moms. Glad you’re here!

Vina8

Welcome to the forum, Raymond. We are all here to learn and sometimes share what we know. Don’t be shy, just jump in and let us know what we can do to help. We are glad you are here.

IceFire

Welcome aboard, Raymond! You’ve taken the most important step…you’ve woken up and realized that you need to start. That is WAY beyond where the majority of people in this country are! Any questions you have, just ask..there are plenty of folks on here that will be more than happy to answer your questions and help you along. The great thing about this board is that we have people here with experience in ALL sorts of areas, and everyone is willing to share their knowledge.

Viewing 15 posts - 106 through 120 (of 1,264 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

American Preppers Network Forum