Newbies and the Newsweek Article

Welcome to APN! Forums Start Here Introduce Yourself Newbies and the Newsweek Article

This topic contains 33 replies, has 20 voices, and was last updated by  kymber 9 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 34 total)
  • Author

Uvajed

Wow! Look at all us newbies who found this site via the Newsweek article!

Survivalism Lite
    http://www.newsweek.com/id/228428” onclick=”window.open(this.href);return false

Nice look to this newer forum!

Uvajed

Dr E

Hi guys. first time on this site. I too found you through the Newsweek article sent to me by a friend. Ive been a prepper for a while, and I’m not where I want to be, but much further along than where I was. All I need to do now is to figure out how to use this site

IceFire

I also found this site via the Newsweek article. Although I am new to this site, I am NOT new to prepping.

ChiliLily

I also found this site via Newsweek.

The husband and I are new to serious prepping. We have long had extra food and a few first aid items, but it wasn’t until about a week ago we had a discussion about where things are headed and decided to be more serious about it.

I’ve dropped by to see if I can learn a little more about what we need to do.

ConservErica

New here too from the Newsweek article. Having fun reading what others are doing!

Thanks, Erica

kymber

Welcome to all Newbies!!!! Never forget that everyone here who has been prepping for a hundred years, 50 years, 25 years, 7 years or 2 years – everyone was a Newbie at first! and we are glad to have all Newbies! Welcome Newbies!

ReadyMom

Newsweek brought me here, as well. The Newsweek article was posted on all the Pandemic Flu forums, which is where I got my start in ‘prepping’.

I have been doing this for nearly 4 years,now. The last 3 have been spent publicly promoting Pandemic awareness & preparation, which led to the organization of ReadyMoms Alliance and the GetPandemicReady.org website.

You’ve got some great information on here, that I hadn’t seen before and I’m cross-referencing it on my EmergencyHomePreparation website (with appropriate credits 😉 ).

idahobob

Wow! What great responses from the Newsweek article! 😀

Welcome to all of you.

As we have 5 grown children (with spouses), only one of them have listened to our message for preparedness, soooo….I sent them all the link to the article. One response so far, and it was fairly positive. We’ll just have to see about the others and continue praying for them.

Again, welcome to all, I hope you find a comfortable niche here. Do not just read and absorb what other people have to say, ask questions and share your insights.

Just remember, that the only stupid question, is the one left un-asked.

Bob
    III

Phelan

I would like to add to Bob’s message. If you feel uncomfortable asking in public, please pm one of use moderators. We will be more than happy to help with your question if we can.

kymber

All the moderators are here to help – if we can’t answer your question – we will find someone who can!

Uvajed

@kymber wrote:

All the moderators are here to help – if we can’t answer your question – we will find someone who can!

Thanks, I was a moderator at a large site for 8 years and I know how hard you all work. (got major burnout)

Badrockbilly

Got to the site by blogspot and appreciate the forum and the moderators.
    Live in Flathead Valley Montana and have been focused on the issues of survival for quite a while.
    Looking forward to hearing from Preppers all over.

kymber

Ujaved – don’t say that too loud or the Boss-man will be looking to get you moderating here!!!!

and Badrockbilly – Welcome – we are glad to have you!

Genevieve
    Participant

what article??? LMAO!!!!

kymber

Genevieve – Welcome!!!! here is the article that everyone is talking about:

http://www.newsweek.com/id/228428” onclick=”window.open(this.href);return false

enjoy!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 34 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

American Preppers Network Forum