Norflex (orphenadrine)

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author

Norflex is a pretty effective muscle relaxant. It is used for muscle pain and strains. What I like about it is that last for 12 hours, so you need only take it twice a day instead of 3 or 4 times for most other muscle relaxants (like Flexeril, Robaxin, and others). Like most medications, it does have a long list of potential side effects, but the main ones that I have experienced (I have given it to many people and have taken it myself) are dry mouth and drowsiness (and the drowsiness is usually not that severe, about the same as taking 1-2 Benadryl in my experience). For more information on Norflex: http://www.rxlist.com/norflex-drug.htm” onclick=”window.open(this.href);return false;

The reason that I am posting this is, in my experience, after any sort of disaster you will find yourself doing a lot of physical labor, probably a lot more than you are doing now. Muscle aches and pains will be aplenty. Taking an NSAID like Motrin or Aleve cut down on the pain a good bit, but a muscle relaxant may help out a lot. When giving out prescriptions for muscle relaxants I usually recommend that people take them as needed for the first day or two, or for severe pain, and then after that just take them at bedtime…you will sleep better and feel better the next day.

The second reason that I am posting this is that I just found out that Norflex is available over the counter, without a prescription, in Canada (prescription only in the U.S.). https://www.canadamedicineshop.com/index.cfm/fuseaction/product.display/pn/Norflex.Orphenadrine/product_id/6″ onclick=”window.open(this.href);return false; I was looking for cheap heartworm medicine for my dogs, and just happened to notice this.

I have never ordered from CanadaMedicineShop before, but I just did and will be sure to post if I have any trouble with my order. I did not order the Norflex (actually, I did order some heartworm medicine), and yes, I did notice the price of the Norflex. $77 is a good bit of money, but notice that is $77 for 100 pills. I just looked it up, the list price for generic Norflex according to Medscape is $40-$60 for 30 pills in the U.S. About 2 years ago I bought some Norflex at $3 a pill. If you are looking for something cheaper, I also noticed that they have another prescription-only-in-the-U.S. muscle relaxant Robaxin (methocarbamol) for $28 for 100 pills. This might not be as much of a savings if you consider that is for 500mg tablets and a common dose for Robaxin is 1000mg four times a day. Norflex = $77 for 50 days of treatment ($1.54/day) and Robaxin = $28 for 12.5 days of treatment ($2.24/day).

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
American Preppers Network Forum