Ok CT folks

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author

We are experiencing a slight warm up. I don’t think it is a thaw but I could be wrong.
    There is a glimmer of hope that CT preppers will take off. I’m solidly thinking of heading up a foray into the woods, Let’s say around Late February early march to kick off a foraging hike here in the City of Wallingford along the Tylers Mill trail system of the Wallingford Land Trust. Just to see what is out there, and I’m making plans to map out some areas of promise.. Couldn’t hurt to have a good list of area local foods and wild crafting materials. Also I will be teaching Tinder, and woods that are great for starting a small fire and boiling water to make it drinkable.
    Bring a flint and steel no matches or lighters allowed. If I can’t find my own source locally for my Favorite Fire Bolt. I may have to buy one off line.
    Here is a site that looks promising. This week I’m teaching myself Bow and drill fire starting making all the parts from local woods I can forage and using a Pocket knife to carve them out. I’ll let you know how I fare and if I do well I will be teaching how to make those too.. Fire is essential to life as important as water, for without fire you can not boil the water to make it drinkable.

http://possibleshop.com/c-g-fire-starter.html” onclick=”window.open(this.href);return false

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
American Preppers Network Forum