Old Bed Linens

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    okie B

It’s been awhile since we’ve posted an item for ideas, so I thought I’d throw one out there.

Old bed linens — sheets, pillowcases, etc.

I have been storing water in my linen closet, and I had to rearrange stuff to get the bottles to fit. I realized that I have a bunch of old sheets that we don’t use anymore — several are the older size that does not have the long enough sides to fit pillow-top mattresses. Some are hand-me-downs or just random sheets we have acquired over the years. Some were gifts that we just never cared for and stuck in the closet.

As for ideas…
    I have used sheets as tablecloths several times, especially under a table cloth when the table is larger than the table cloth. I have actually been complimented on my “rich” looking table linens when I’ve done that.
    I have also used some to cover plants when we have had an early frost.
    Before we got our blinds installed, I used sheets as temporary window coverings.
    When I was a teenager, my mom did not want to see posters all over the walls, so I hung an old sheet and used watercolor paints to make my own “art.” If she objected to something I did, I just washed the sheet and started over.

So what other ideas can you all come up with?

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
American Preppers Network Forum