Opinions needed – New state network directory layout

Welcome to APN! Forums Start Here Preppers Of The Round Table Forum Announcements Opinions needed – New state network directory layout

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  North Idaho Patriot 9 years ago.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author

I need everyone’s opinions on how I set up the State Network directory listing. Not sure if this will help or not. The listing of states does not show up on the front page anymore. Instead there is a single link that takes you to the directory.

I did this for a couple reasons

1) I wanted to move the State directory closer to the top of the forum to give it more exposure and hopefully get more traffic to the individual state networks, however 50 links takes up a lot of space and detracts from the rest of the board. That’s why we’ve always had the directory listed towards the bottom. I’m thinking by having it up closer to the top that we may get more traffic there.

2) I wanted the sub-forums of each state listed for easier access and exposure, i.e., ANTS, Meetups, News & Weather, CERT’s etc…

You can see an example here how I’ve set those sub-forums up for Alabama, Alaska, Arizona and Arkansas already: http://americanpreppersnetwork.net/viewforum.php?f=36

But the problem is when I have them listed in the index they also show up on the front page as well unless I block the front page listing like I did with the state links. If 50 links takes up a lot of space, imagine 400.

I’m thinking this cleans up the forum a little more and hopefully will send more traffic to the state forums and not less. Give me your thoughts.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

American Preppers Network Forum