Other Prepping Resources (NOT books)

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    ReadyMom

Reserved: Merging threads on this topic into one place.

• This topic was modified 2 years, 8 months ago by ReadyMom.
    • This topic was modified 2 years, 8 months ago by ReadyMom.
    Anonymous

I found a pretty cool site that has a pretty concise list of links for everyone…

http://theideadoor.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=85&Itemid=135

LetsPrep11
    Participant

I discovered a site that provides detailed information on just about everything to include food & water storage, gardening, dehydrating, recipes and more. It is the perfect comprehensive tool for new preppers. Go to: http://www.preparednessnibbleandbits.blogspot.com.

For those just starting out and a bit overwhelmed by food storage, scroll down the right side to the ‘Index’ and click on ‘Ark Prep 101
    It tells you exactly what you need for both 3 month and 1 year storage. Scroll down the page and it breaks out a month by month focus.
    Enjoy!

freezedry11

Another magazine is making noise in the world of prepping, the Be Ready! Magazine. The magazine was released in August 27, 2013 at places like Barnes & Noble. Here is a link( Be Ready Magazine ) to a post written by Thomas Baldrick in the Freeze Dry Guy blog.

Be Ready! Magazine is really a nice looking magazine. On the cover is a serious-looking, not too happy, but quite prepared family. Behind them is a storm-stricken city. The headline both tells and asks it all about the reality of hurricane preparedness:

JimPI

We are deep in the throes of a prepping renaissance, the likes of which I don’t think have ever been seen before. The plethora of survival related websites, products, and services today makes the Y2K flap look like just a bump in the road. This isn’t a bad thing as it has gotten lots of folks interested in prepping. As I’ve said before, the more people who prep, the fewer who will be knocking on our doors looking for help when something major happens.

However, the downside of this popularity is it naturally brings out the greedier and seedier folks looking to make a quick buck. Spend much time surfing the ‘Net and you’ll no doubt run across ads like:

Buy my book and learn the 59 foods you MUST stockpile!

or

Buy my DVD and you’ll find out how to prepare for the end of the world in just three easy steps!

or

My online course will teach you how to survive a zombie attack using just a ballpoint pen!

or

For just $99.95, we’ll send you 17 different ebooks on homesteading and emergency survival, after which we’ll certify you as being an official Prepper!

Countless books, websites, and magazines have started up in the last few years, many of them written or edited by people who have not the first clue about what prepping really entails or what survival is really all about.

This is very frustrating for those of us who have been around a while. Time and again we see bad information put out there and repeated over and over. I’m talking about things like the Triangle of Life, which is just utter nonsense. Google that term and see if you agree.

More and more, I’m seeing websites and book proclaiming they hold the secret to successful prepping. It is very much like fad diets, really.

The unfortunate reality is, there just ain’t no quick-n-easy way to be prepared. You have to do the work to get results. If anyone tells you otherwise, they’re just trying to sell you something.

LetsPrep11
    Participant

Here is a great site that addresses many of the questions preppers have. New preppers will love it.

http://grandpappy.org/indexhar.htm

• This reply was modified 2 years, 8 months ago by ReadyMom.
    • This reply was modified 2 years, 8 months ago by ReadyMom.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
American Preppers Network Forum