Pennsylvania preppers sound off!

This topic contains 161 replies, has 68 voices, and was last updated by  airborneben 4 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 162 total)
  • Author

Pigsflydeb

I am in the Lancaster county area, with family in the surrounding counties. They think I am the ‘Doom Sayer’ but I think I am convincing them to learn new skills…or rather…OLD skills, and hope to have an event with a new group/club we have formed..MAVENS. Although they tend to focus on social events, the basis of the club is learning. I hope to find help here to teach these Ladies (female only club for now) to survive, or help others to when the SHTF.
    I am aware of some of the condition of our GRID input….and we are in sorry shape….so without a war, or EMP, we may be looking at needing lots of survival skills very very soon.
    I will provide what I can!
    Great to find you all!
    Now, can someone find me 380 ammo?? lol :dots:

ReadyMom

@pigsflydeb wrote:

I am in the Lancaster county area, with family in the surrounding counties. …

Hello Pigsflydeb! Welcome to the PA forum. I am close to you, from the ‘central PA area’, just outside of Harrisburg. I’ve given LOTS of awareness & preparation presentations in our area to the general public and organizations. If you ever need any help with educating your group, let me know, I’ve got plenty of display ideas, handouts and a powerpoint.

It’s nice to have a ‘neighbor’ on this forum! 😀 -k

Shelli

Deb,
    I am “not too far” from you – lancaster is only about 1.5 or so hours from here, I think. I haven’t made it that far yet, I would love to go there. i hear it’s beautiful. Welcome to the boards 🙂

IceFire

Welcome, Deb…I’m to the west of you a couple of hours. Sounds like you’ve got an interesting group going.

I wish I knew where to get .380 ammo…seems like NO ONE has it…STILL. I need some myself!

sammie

Hi, I’m brand new here.
    Have no idea what I’m doing, how to use this forum, but just feel I should be here. I’m in Chester County and have been interested in all topics related to “survivalism” for many yrs. My own prep is woefully lacking, with the exception of extra food supplies always on hand. My ‘expertise’, if you will, is in alternate health. I have a fairly decent ‘handle’ on how to deal with infections but am interested in foraging for more of what Mother Nature has to offer.

I’ll probably be fairly quiet, as I think I have more to learn than I do to ‘teach’!
    If I could just figure out a way to remind myself to check in here……….
    Any tips?

Sammie

Shelli

Sammie, Welcome! You have joined a wonderful group of teachers and learners. I am a very talkative learner 🙂 The best way to check if anything new is happening here (which it always is) is 1- put us on your favorites tab, or even as part of your homepage tabs. And 2 – whenever you log in, click on “View New Posts” link. That will give you a list of threads that have had new posts since your last visit. Again, welcome! 🙂

sammie

Thanks, Shelli
    I just figured out—strictly by accident

how to put this link on my toolbar. (I’m fairly new to Firefox, lots yet to learn with it).
    I appreciate the guidance!
    Sammie

ReadyMom

Hi Sammie! Welcome! I’m also in PA, not too too far from you (Central PA). There’s lots to learn and lots of helpful folks on here to help you out. Prepping is a gradual task, so start out easy and build up momentum.

‘alternate health’ is a prep area a lot of folks are interested in, so when you are comfortable, please jump in!

PA is a sorta ‘bulls-eye’, if you will with the nuclear plants, military storage, military training and central location to so many significant cities in the East Coast. Prepping should be mandatory, lol!

ps… firefox has a lot of neat features, I thought I’d never want to leave internet explorer, but I love it (except for a persistant ‘crashing’ syndrome at every start-up 😕 😡 ). -k

remmy123

Just joined the board today. Live close to York and have a cabin up north that we plan to go to if things get bad in the more urban areas. Some one mentioned that they were looking for .380 ammo and I managed to get some at Gander mountian in york last week. I would also check out gun broker.com on the ammo auction tab. Does anyone know of any get togethers in the harrisburg/york or lancaster area?

ReadyMom

Hello remmy123 ! I’m REAL close to you. York is a very proactive area for planning and preparation. I’ve done many Pandemic preparedness presentations for York. Nice to see more PA preppers stopping by 😀 . -k

IceFire

Welcome, Sammie and Remmy! Sammie, the way I check on new posts, is that when I look at the listings, the icons for the ones with new postings have a red border. the ones that do NOT have new postings have a blue border. That way, I can tell at a glance which ones I need to re-visit.

heatheroo

I’m new here. My home is in Lancaster Co (Ephrata) but I live during the week on Lake Wallenpaupack in NE PA while I work a temp job in Carbondale. I guess without realizing it, I’ve been something of a “prepper” for quite some time. Besides hunting, camping, shooting, one of my hobbies is 18th century reenacting. In pursuit of that, I’ve learned to tan hides, do leatherwork, make knives/guns, and a lot of other potentially useful skills. Without having a name for it, I’ve had a “bug out” bag in my car for many years. I also have a PA LTCF and often CC a handgun.

IceFire

Welcome again, heatheroo! You have DEFINITELY learned some useful skills! PLEASE feel free to jump in on some of the discussions and share with the rest of us! (tanning hides is one of the things that I want to learn how to do!) I’m with you on the CC…do it all the time, except at work, where it’s a major no-go (fed bldg)

ReadyMom

York, Lancaster Co., Cumberland county … we’re getting some preppers within ‘reach’ of each other. Good! 😀 Hoping for more PA preppers to find us!

Hello everyone. I am new to this site, so I thought that I should sign in and introduce myself. I am in NEPA, in Pike county, and I run a general store in the middle of a state park, which is also bordered by state forest. We are 11 miles south of Lake Wallenpaupack. There is a 475 acre lake 300 feet in one direction, and 145 acre lake 400 feet in the other direction. I own the land I am on, so I have a nice little garden in the back also. Inside the store, we have a nice grocery area, deli, kitchen, and sporting goods section. I have been prepping for a few years now, it is nice that when I order for the store, I can put a little extra away for myself. So that is nice. However, if anything does happen to the logistic system, any in the area will be looking at the store to supply themselves. So yes, I do stock a good supply of ammo for all the hunters needs in the area. I have been on many of the other sites, most of them seem to be oriented for those out West a little more. Hope to be able to meet up with a few of you to discuss, teach and learn.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 162 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

American Preppers Network Forum