Pennsylvania preppers sound off!

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 162 total)
  • Author
    IceFire

Welcome aboard, Promisedlandakitas! (I take it from the name that you also breed Akitas?) Nice for you that you can just “pad” your store order to get a bit extra for yourself.

Yes, I like Akitas very much. I have a male and a female, but the male is getting a little old. I noticed from one of your other posts IceFire that you were MI. I just posted in the new vets thread, I was the first. One of the MOS’s that I held was in MI, 97E3P1LCM. What about you?

ReadyMom

WELCOME Promisedlandakitas 😀 ! Penna. Preppers are slowly trickling in. So glad to have you here. Sounds like you are in the perfect area to feel fairly secure, if needed, in an emergency. If you have any suggestions on prep supply sources, please share! -k

IceFire

@Promisedlandakitas wrote:

Yes, I like Akitas very much. I have a male and a female, but the male is getting a little old. I noticed from one of your other posts IceFire that you were MI. I just posted in the new vets thread, I was the first. One of the MOS’s that I held was in MI, 97E3P1LCM. What about you?

98C. Was originally supposed to be 98G-Arabic, but back when I was at DLI, if you were female, you did NOT graduate from the Arabic program. (The instructors were switching the grades :angry: )

@ReadyMom wrote:

WELCOME Promisedlandakitas 😀 ! Penna. Preppers are slowly trickling in. So glad to have you here. Sounds like you are in the perfect area to feel fairly secure, if needed, in an emergency. If you have any suggestions on prep supply sources, please share! -k

I can help supply a number of different items, I get most of my things wholesale and can pass along the savingsto any PA preppers. Some of the things that we sell in the store we buy from Sam’s club, so that would not help many. But we order a good portion of our items wholesale. camping, fishing, grocery, and my favorite prep…5 gallon hersey ice cream!!!

heatheroo

Hi Promisedland.

I’m just up the road from you during the week on Lake Wallenpaupack near Tafton. I’ve camped at Promised Land lots of times and hunted the Bruce Lake area this past season. Which store is yours? The one at the N end of Promised land? As I recall your one of the few places to stock old coleman lantern/stove parts.

@heatheroo wrote:

Hi Promisedland.

I’m just up the road from you during the week on Lake Wallenpaupack near Tafton. I’ve camped at Promised Land lots of times and hunted the Bruce Lake area this past season. Which store is yours? The one at the N end of Promised land? As I recall your one of the few places to stock old coleman lantern/stove parts.

I have had the Lake Store for about 5 years now. We do have some coleman parts, but I no longer am a repair shop for coleman. Stop in when you can.

tritestatic

Hello all, just joined from Erie County! Glad to be here!

ReadyMom

WELCOME tritestatic! Glad to see more PA preppers starting to appear! I think we’ve got all four corners covered, now! 🙂

IceFire

Welcome aboard, tritestatic!

fireguy3

Clearfield County, along interstate 80 actually, just south of the Moshananon State forest.

BTW, This weekend is the MArch MAdness in Clearfield at Grice Gunshop and Bob’s Army navy Store.

Guns and fishing supplies on sale at both stores as well as representatives from manufacturers on site to answer questions etc.

Jims’ Sports center, will also have Archery and fishign supplies on sale if you are into that kind of thing.

IceFire

Dang! Too bad this is the weekend I have to haul the husband’s motorcycle to Greensburg to get his starter replaced.

fireguy3

Actaully, i’ll be honest, GRICE GUNSHOP will continue their sale prices for a couple more weeks after the big weekend.

That said the best chance of gettign what you wanted and it not being sold out was this weekend.

If you go,to grice gunshop proceed to the Black powder/AR-15/Tactical Shotgun counter, see the guy with “BRICK” embroidered on his shirt, this is my brother, he is their most senior salesman and he will know more than the rest of the people in the store and can help you better, he also knows what works and what doesn’t and will be honest with you if he knows a certain gun/optic etc. has a flaw in it’s design or not. He will not lie just to make a sale. HE is so good Thompson Center/Smith & Wesson offered him a job as one of their Pro Staff to represent them at gunshows etc.(S&W owns Thompson Center BTW) He turned it down because he has a young daughter and didn’t want to take his show on the road all time.

fireguy3

As far as Pennsylvania Militia, well there was guy who had one in my AO, and i always thought he was little nutty, well sure enough last year he got caught with Blastign caps and explosives and was trying to sell soem to informants.

I kinda stick to myself and my REALLY close(like Siblings) friends and actual family for my preparedness group. I just don’t like the idea of having my name on anybody’s list should uncle sugar decide to demonize someone to get them outta the way.

The militias recriut outsiders and those outsiders usually ALWAYS end up being from the Government or somebody who can’t keep their mouth shut and draw government attention to the group.

I had one guy tell meone time “Give me a militia of 12 people three of them are guys who like to shoot and drink the beer the rest are all informants or agents of various government agencies who are unaware of each others operation concerning the militiia and take turns telling their bosses about what each of these other agents are doing as militia nuts!” You know kind of like that movie wit Leonardo Di Caprio and JAck Nicholson where the entire crime syndicate turned out to be cops for differnet agencies who ened up killing each other at the end.

recon
    Participant

In Mechaincsburg. Found this site thru this one. http://www.whenshtf.com/showthread.php?30414-Fox-news-Prepping-in-Central-Penn 😀 Member there too.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 162 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
American Preppers Network Forum