Pennsylvania preppers sound off!

This topic contains 161 replies, has 68 voices, and was last updated by  airborneben 3 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 121 through 135 (of 162 total)
  • Author

bobpick

I can’t say how I got the opportunity for opsec reasons, but it came up and I took it.
    If you recall my PM to you, you see that I do the teaching often.

ReadyMom

@bobpick wrote:

I can’t say how I got the opportunity for opsec reasons, but it came up and I took it.
    If you recall my PM to you, you see that I do the teaching often.

Pulled up my old PM … understand now! -k

recon

I think we need to combine the two topics on this.

recon

Seems that our ranks are growing!

:gunsmile:

Y2KNOWAY

:whistling:

Y2KNOWAY

I agree Recon,

Also I am advertising our thread where us South Central PA folks are thinking about having a meet-up:
    http://www.americanpreppersnetwork.net/viewtopic.php?f=174&t=7499&start=15
    😀

ReadyMom

Oke … I’ll do that! (Sorry … was out of town for the weekend … celebrating my dad’s 80th bday w/ a surprise party!) -k

ReadyMom

@recon wrote:

We need to combine these two posts.

@y2knoway wrote:

I agree Recon,

Also I am advertising our thread where us South Central PA folks are thinking about having a meet-up:
    http://www.americanpreppersnetwork.net/viewtopic.php?f=174&t=7499&start=15
    😀

Done!

Radar00

SEPA here….

Reese

Hello eveyone! I am new to this forum, but have been prepping on and off for about 5 years now. I am a friend and neighbor of Readymom. RM introduced me to the idea of prepping by taking me to a presentation by Dr. Wallace Green on the subject of Pandemic Flu and that got me started in the fall of 2006.

As others have already said I would rather be more sight unseen on this topic, safety and security reasons. I believe the message needs to be out there, but I don’t want to be a target when the time comes.

recon

Welcome Reese! You and RM are lucky that you both are neighbors. Better to have someone be there in case it goes bad than be alone.

Hello from Berks

ReadyMom

WELCOME 90day! Glad to have ANOTHER Pennsy member on board! -k

Reese

Hello recon and thanks for the welcome. Yes there is safety in numbers and RM was at one time working on getting all the neighbors involved. Some started prepping and others well let’s say they think we are both nuts.
    We may have someone down the street thinKing about all of this as well. She and her hubby were on vacation in Hawaii when the Japanese earthquake and tsunami hit. They were put on alert in Hawaii for tsunamis, it got her thinking about emergency preparedness. Then with all the spring rains and the local flooding, it hit a little closer to home. This person and I have talked a few times on this subject. We talked about the 72 hour bug out bags the first time and other prep ideas the other times. And I gave her RM’s EHP site addy to start reading if she was serious about prepping. Oh and RM has books already for her to read on prepping. It all comes down to timing.

rkluskie1

We may have someone down the street thinKing about all of this as well. She and her hubby were on vacation in Hawaii when the Japanese earthquake and tsunami hit. They were put on alert in Hawaii for tsunamis, it got her thinking about emergency preparedness. Then with all the spring rains and the local flooding, it hit a little closer to home. This person and I have talked a few times on this subject. We talked about the 72 hour bug out bags the first time and other prep ideas the other times. And I gave her RM’s EHP site addy to start reading if she was serious about prepping. Oh and RM has books already for her to read on prepping. It all comes down to timing.

Have her read this; she may change her mind!

http://www.realnewsreporter.com/?p=3535
    ======================

*edited by RM to fix link

Viewing 15 posts - 121 through 135 (of 162 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

American Preppers Network Forum