Pics in messages

This topic contains 53 replies, has 11 voices, and was last updated by  kymber 9 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 54 total)
  • Author

kymber

Hey guys – can someone explain how to put your pic in your signature? i have tried all kinds of stuff with the User Control Panel and am having probs getting the pic to upload….help?

kymber

ugh crap – the pic i was trying to load is about 487,000 X 487,000 pixels….anyone know how to shrink them? or should i just wait until hubby gets home?

Phelan

use the picnik website it’s free and you can shrink it down

http://www.picnik.com/app#/home/welcome” onclick=”window.open(this.href);return false

kymber

yer awesome Phelan! gonna give it a try now!

mmpaints
    Participant

Kymber, you could have simply used the edit function right there in your pics folder.

kymber

MM – tried that….several times!!!! something wasn’t working out right…so hubby did it for me – love that man!

mmpaints
    Participant

Ah, that’s cool. XP is so much easier than this new &/Vista program, I hate it but if you mess with it long enough, it does what you want it to. Good thing cause this laptop could look like a frizbee pretty easy.

Marica

Kymber– is that YOU?? You don’t look like a prepper! LOL!

kymber

bahahahaha – oh Marica – you should see Phelan – she soooo does not look like a prepper – its awesome!!! Phelan – get a pic up buddy!

mmpaints
    Participant

Just goes to show ya, you can’t see an emergency preparedness mindset.

Marica

I gotta tell you– I just spent 3 days in NYC, hotel 1 block from Time Square, talking up prepping, and several days with the daughters. *NO ONE* who’s prepping looks like a prepper! We are all so normal! LOL.

kymber

Marica – to be honest – when i first joined the APN/CPN – i wanted to put up a pic for my profile on the CPN blog. my husband said “yer gonna put THAT picture up???”. i hadn’t thought twice about it and it was a pic that i didn’t have to go digging for – and it was recent (well 2 years old now). and my hubby said the same thing – it didn’t look like a prepper! he wanted to take a pic of me kneeling in one of my tire gardens planting seeds with dirt all over my face and Laura Ingalls braids. but i actually stopped and thought – no – i am putting up the one that does not look like a prepper.

like Phelan, who calls herself a pierced, goth, heavy metal biker chick (did i get that right Phelan?) – i, too, am pierced and wore a nose ring, eyebrow ring and a labrette (piercing under the bottom lip) while working in the Canadian Government for 8 years. as the Canadian Gov is pretty conservative, i was the only “pierced” federal employee around – for some of those people – i might have been the only “pierced” person that they had ever seen – in fact, i once had a colleague who came over to my desk one day to say that she had a seen another “pierced person” at a meeting — like she specifically came over to tell me that!!!!

i have tried to break stereotypes all throughout my life…no one thought that a 5ft, 78lb girl would ever make it through basic training and stay in the military for 10 years but i did – and when i joined my trade in the CF, they had only been letting women in that trade for 3 years – it was awful trying to prove ourselves!!! but some of us girls excelled!

so long story short – when i joined the APN/CPN – everyone seemed so non-judgemental and accepting of all of the different preppers in all stages of prepping – my hubby and i were not new to the emergency preparedness mindset but had never heard of “prepping” per se. and it really seemed to fit us and fit what we were trying to do. and the people seemed so interesting. and i guess i kind of did “test” the network with that pic. i wanted to see if anyone would ever judge who was and who wasn’t a prepper based on a pic.

it’s been a full year now and i can state boldly and proudly that no one ever judged me on that pic. and the proof is in MMpaints response! thanks MM – for being a quintessential prepper and an excellent representative of this forum!

and Marica – yer right! the image that most people have in their mind of a whack-job sticking his head out of his bunker filled with a hundred year supply of MRE’s, ammo-stuffed pockets and weapons strapped all over his chest is not the picture of who we are. we all look like regular people…some of us a little more regular and some of us not. that’s what makes this network so great!

Marica

Interesting, Kymber! I guess I didn’t know all of this about you. Thanks for sharing. You’ve prompted me to find a picture of me.

Hanging around here it’s fun discovering little bits about people’s real lives. Example: Not too long ago Tom called me about some network business. He was on the road heading home I think & I was picking out carpet at a Sherwin Williams store. How normal is that? I also chat with Aggie alot via email & phone. What do we talk about? Stuff. Regular stuff. I could go on & on. But the bottom line is it’s great fun getting to know the *real* people here.

kymber

Marica – i couldn’t agree more! one of my favourite things about this network is getting to learn about the actual people. i remember i needed to speak to MMpaints one day and called her on the phone. she said something about me not “sounding” in person the way i type or leave comments on the network blogs or something. and when i first spoke to WVSanta on the phone – holy moly – he has the deepest sounding voice i have ever heard!!! and poor Tom – when i first spoke to him i had to tell him several times – speak faster, yer talking too slow – bahahahaha (i am from the east coast of canada and we speak a gajillion words a second!).

now go get a picture!!! didn’t i see a great one once of you buried up to your elbows in your garden???

Marica

How do you like that one?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 54 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

American Preppers Network Forum