Prep mtg Williamston, MI, Sat. July 30, 2016

Welcome to APN! Forums Start Here Meetups & Events Prep mtg Williamston, MI, Sat. July 30, 2016

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  bamabell7 3 years ago.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author

bamabell7

Hey All
    Just a reminder that our monthly Prep meeting is coming up on Saturday, July 30 from 11 am to approx. 2 pm ….Mt Hope Church, 3417 E Grand River, Williamston. Church located between Williamston and Webberville. Cross Road is Dietz Road.
    FREE LUNCH….ALL WELCOME
    We will get to taste test food from http://www.glutenfreeemergencykits.com
    This food is very tasty, low sodium, gluten free…you will be surprised how good it is. We will also have fresh salad from the garden!
    Anyone who has any prep related items they sell are welcome to set up a display table at the meeting….We usually have a Norwex Rep, Young Living essential oils rep, Thrive Life foods rep and Juice plus/tower garden rep….so anyone else that has something, then get to the meeting a little early to set up your table display. Church provides tables.
    I had sent a previous email stating Teri from http://www.glutenfreeemergencykits.com would be here to demo product and sell product. I was trying to drum up pre orders to save shipping charges for everyone, but only one person responded regarding ordering. She will not be able to come to this meeting, but I am hoping we can host her in the future. Check out her website though….

I have had several new people contact me for meeting info thru the websites I advertise on and people I met at the preparedness show in Mason a few weeks ago. So we are expecting at least 6 new people to be here. For you “regulars” Please come out and support the group and be a help to the new ones.
    We WILL NOT have an Aug prep meeting at the church. Summer is crazy busy for everyone and people are getting ready for back to school, harvesting garden goodies and vacations….So I will just do a potluck at my house after church on Sunday, Aug 28…We can have a time of fellowship and informal discussion on whatever prep topics you want. Another email will be sent in Aug about this.

Agenda for meeting…..
    Still putting together some of it, but so far we have the following….
    Open in prayer/devotion
    Announcements:
    **Remember that Sept 30 is when U.S. cedes control of internet. If you find an article online that is helpful to you and you want to keep it, then get it printed off before then and saved in your notebook.
    **Do your water storage….you need water to cook with, digest your food with, bathe with, clean with. Water trumps food. Do your water storage!
    **Consider shutting off your utilities for a weekend to find the holes in your preps…figure out what else you need to make life more comfortable in grid down situation. Better to do this now in a controlled way with less stress than to have to figure it out unexpectedly.
    Kaz from http://www.Kazvswild.com is planning to come to share about his business. He was as the Mason Preparedness show. He will go over some Bushcraft training with us and tell about his upcoming events.
    Shawn will go over EDC (Everyday Carry) items you should have on you at all times…this is just not for guys….we have a list for the ladies too. He is also into building airsoft guns and AR’s….He does product testing and reviews on gun parts and has a lot of knowledge to share on that subject and will be available to talk to during lunch break and after class if you have questions for him.
    Rose will have the tower garden on display and will explain how you can have fresh fruits n veggies to eat or juice in as little as 6 weeks, also the year round benefit of an indoor garden and explain how to use off grid. She did a presentation before at a meeting, but we didn’t have many in attendance at that one. I think this is an item everyone needs to consider for their preps due to the diversity and benefits of it, therefore I am asking her to come and show this at each meeting.

Reilly, a student a Rhema Bible College has recently returned from Uganda, Africa. I asked her to share her living condition experience there. Since this is a third world nation, we can learn off grid living skills. She is a high energy, excellent speaker!

Trish, our RN usually presents First Aid/Medical info, but not sure if she will be able to join us at this meeting. If she is here, she is available to talk to about medical issues.
    All of our speakers are well prepared! Your time is not wasted here. Come and learn and come and share. Make new friends and fellowship with old ones.
    After the meeting….
    We will have a BARTER / SWAP N SHOP….
    Bring any prep/survivalist item you no longer want to trade for something else or to sell. It can be camp gear, fish gear, backpacks, tents, ammo, bow n arrows, medical stuff, books, food, knives, etc….This is great place to practice your barter skills! If you have larger items like fishing boat, atv’s, snowmobiles, campers etc… I can send out a group email advertising your item if you want. Just make sure you provide as much detail as you can along with your contact info and price for item.

Lets get as many people as we can to this meeting….forward on to ones on your email list or feel free to post on your facebook or other social media outlets.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

American Preppers Network Forum