Prepping Fatigue?

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  Drunkenchef 1 year, 11 months ago.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author

Drunkenchef

Correct me if I am wrong, but it appears that “prepping” isn’t what it used to be. Activity on this website, as well as many others…seems to be on the decline. Due to the fact that the Mayan Calendar of 2012 turned out to be nothing more than hype…just like Y2K. I am sure many people profited from other people’s fears from instances such as this. It is also understandable that Nebraska is not exposed to the same things on the east and west coast, but I still find it most prudent to prep. Keep in mind that when the SHTF the government is going to concentrate on self-preservation….while the common folk like us are to fend for ourselves until help arrives (if it arrives at all). I am quite certain the Nebraska is not very high on Uncle Sam’s priority list….

Thanks to pop culture, show such as “Doomsday Preppers” and “The Walking Dead” created a fan base to another passing fad. People are like lemmings and follow anything that they consider as “cool”. People such as this have an attention span of a three-year old and will quickly latch on to the next passing craze. Ghosthunting? Prepping? What’s next? Teaching your pre-teen daughter how to twerk to rap videos perhaps?

Prepping seems to have come to screeching halt upon the election of President Trump. Many think that there is no reason to prep now and everything is ok. I strongly question the intelligence of such people. President Trump may be pro-American and not a gun-grabber, but it certainly does not mean that our threats have diminished. Enemies foreign and domestic have come out of the woodwork and made their presence known.
    To compel matters, Mother Nature seems to have become fully-active and vengeful.

People have given up on prepping, or think it is a waste of time and money, might need to re-asses their current situation. Prepping is hobby to some…which by definition it is…but I see it as a necessity. If didn’t see the need…I’d be spending my time playing video games and drinking beer. Those of us who take the time to get our collectives heads out of the sand and see what it going on around us, would see that we live during uncertain times. We should not live in fear, but in a constant state of preparedness. At the time of this posting, Puerto Rico is completely without power, and it may be several months before the electrical grid is back up and running. It was old and vulnerable to begin with…so perhaps they will get a new one. Nevertheless, this is a prime example of what can happen to us, or anyone else in the world. I strongly encourage everyone to be self-reliant, self-sufficient, and to help others if you can. Keep in mind that local, state, and federal governments main concern is self-preservation. No one is coming to rescue you if others are going to be at risk, or if resources are needed elsewhere.

In ending, now is not the time to be caught with your pants down around your ankles.
    Prep now when the timing is good.
    Complacency kills!

End of rant.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

American Preppers Network Forum