Recipe/Food Binder – Share your recipes & tips

Welcome to APN! Forums Survival, Preparedness, and Sustainability Food & Water Recipes Recipe/Food Binder – Share your recipes & tips

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    ForwardPreppers
    Participant

Food is such an important aspect of prepping, in fact many people put more into food than any other prep. How do you plan on preparing your food? What’s the best way to cook mainly with pantry and food storage items? How do you plan to cook when some convenience items run out? Maybe you’re just starting out with food prepping or you would like to start your own little book rather than buy one.
    I have an old fashioned composition book that I keep recipes and a binder with food information and tips. Both will be important reference items for me should the SHTF. I already use them in our homesteading life as it’s a new way of life for us – not having a store right around the corner!
    I thought the APN family would like to share their wealth of information, especially those of us who live a homesteading lifestyle or those who “eat what they store and store what they eat”!

I will start with Powdered Milk:

Sweet Milk
    In a 2 quart pitcher add 1 cup hot water, 1/4 cup powdered coffee cream and 1/4 cup sugar – stir to dissolve
    Add 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
    Fill pitcher half full with cold water and add 2 & 2/3 cup dry milk powder, stir well
    Fill pitcher full with water and stir again
    Chill and serve

Rich & Creamy Milk
    Measure 3 & 1/2 quarts (14 cups) of water into a gallon pitcher
    Add 5 cups dry milk powder and a 12 oz. can of evaporated whole milk
    Mix, Chill and Serve

Evaporated Milk
    In a jar mix 1 & 1/2 cups water with 1 cup of instant dry milk powder
    Shake to combine
    Equals a 12 oz. can evaporated skim milk

Sweetened Condensed Milk
    In a saucepan, bring to boil 1/2 cup water, 1 cup sugar, 3 Tbsp. butter flavored shortening and a dash of salt
    Stir the mixture as it comes to a boil to keep from sticking
    Remove from heat when it reaches a rolling boil and allow to cool a bit
    Add 1 cup instant dry milk powder and whisk smooth
    Equals a can of sweetened condensed milk

Mrs FP

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
American Preppers Network Forum