September 2019 – What Did You Do To Prep This Week/Month?

Welcome to APN! Forums Survival, Preparedness, and Sustainability Disaster Preparedness General Preparedness Discussion September 2019 – What Did You Do To Prep This Week/Month?

This topic contains 12 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  IceFire 1 day, 14 hours ago.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author

IceFire

Happy September!

Brought our bull calf home today. Spent yesterday morning repairing the feed room wall (goats had knocked one of the panels off so they could get in.) We put the old panel back up and secured it with LOTS of screws, and added screws to the adjacent panels as well, and put up panels on the OTHER side, so when they jump against them (or butt their heads against them) they won’t be knocking them loose.

IceFire

Loaded up the horses and took them to their original owners at their new place. Also made two batches of mozzarella.

IceFire

Did a commissary run to replace some of what we used, and made more cheese.

IceFire

Started pulling the corral apart this morning – pulling T-posts, taking down panels, etc. T-posts and panels will be re-used elsewhere, although some will be used to create a bull pen that is separated from where the “dairy pen” is by about 30-40 feet – we’ll park the trailers (horse/stock and utility trailers) to the back in between the two – and some will be used so that we can make a “chute” for loading/unloading animals.

Daughter and I also salvaged 2 tractor bucket loads of cinderblock from the foundation of the old house that was removed – we’ll re-use those for building frames for garden beds.

Went and picked up more hay and chicken feed, and paid for 20 cattle panels for fencing the orchard (to keep roaming livestock and daughter’s dogs out, and leftover panels to build the front gate “chute” to keep roaming livestock and dogs from escaping whenever we need to go in and out with vehicles.

Now I need to go make another batch of cheese.

IceFire

Started pulling the corral apart this morning – pulling T-posts, taking down panels, etc. T-posts and panels will be re-used elsewhere, although some will be used to create a bull pen that is separated from where the “dairy pen” is by about 30-40 feet – we’ll park the trailers (horse/stock and utility trailers) to the back in between the two – and some will be used so that we can make a “chute” for loading/unloading animals.

Daughter and I also salvaged 2 tractor bucket loads of cinderblock from the foundation of the old house that was removed – we’ll re-use those for building frames for garden beds.

Went and picked up more hay and chicken feed, and paid for 20 cattle panels for fencing the orchard (to keep roaming livestock and daughter’s dogs out, and leftover panels to build the front gate “chute” to keep roaming livestock and dogs from escaping whenever we need to go in and out with vehicles.

IceFire

IceFire

IceFire

IceFire

IceFire

IceFire

IceFire

IceFire

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

American Preppers Network Forum