Serious question that may sound silly

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    juju_mommy

Are things really as “bad” as they seem (overall I mean) or is it just that I’m growing up and just now paying more attention to national and international events?

I’m in my late 20’s, young family with two small children. We are working hard to pay things off (slow but we keep our eye on the end goal), hopefully will be able to save a decent amount to get something of our own. I have always hated politics, until a few years ago I rarely watched the news. But just these past 2-3 years, I guess parallel to my “prepping” interests developing, I’ve been following national and international news as much as possible. A lot goes over my head but I’m not afraid to ask questions when I don’t understand something or research it on my own.

So, in your opinion, are things as bad overall as they seem? I mean, as far as the state of our country, the disasters we’ve had recently and the ones that people talk about possibliy being in the near future, as far as the growing population and decrease in food supply (for many reasons it seems)…. ? Or is it just that each generation has their own handfull of problems and I’m just “growing up” and now more aware of what’s happening around me?

I guess I’m feeling a little overwhelmed. I DO NOT want to be a sheeple. I WANT to be aware of not only what’s going on but what the possilbiities are for the near and distant future. But at the same time I don’t want to be depressed by it. I’m a Christian, so that brings comfort to me to know that God is in control of the bigger picture and that he’ll see us through; that said my faith isn’t what it should be (another issue all together). But I’m still feeling overwhelmed….

If money wasn’t an issue, I’d talk my husband into moving to a cabin somewhere in the woods in the middle of nowhere… I’d invest in a nice wood stove, solar panels, hand pumped well, establish big gardens, raise my own small animals, dig a big pond, etc. I’ll have some of that one day but feels like it’ll be forever in the future. But in the mean time I feel overwhelmed and stuck.

Sorry for the vent… but my question is sincere… is it this “bad”? The food issue scares me the most I think. Only so much room and so much funds to stock up. I have a garden but it’s very small and hard to find teh time to do a bigger one (still working full time). I have this horrible gut feeling that food needs to be our main prepping focus. And I mean more along the lines of being more responsible for our own food rather than relying on Walmart.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
American Preppers Network Forum