Shopping for One

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  jimLE 5 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

Gallimaufry

If you’re like me, you end up wasting a fair bit of food because you didn’t finish it before it spoiled and turned into a new life form. For instance, I don’t use salad dressing or mayo very often, but sometimes I want just a little for a sandwich or to improve a recipe, or something. Or there might be some product I want to try, but don’t want to buy a big box in case I don’t like it.

There’s a site at http:// minimus.biz that sells sample sizes of just about anything you can think of. You can buy one packet of basalmic vinegar or a packet of brown sugar, or a single bunion pad for all I know. It’s not cost effective unless you compare spending 50 cents on a sample-size to buying a regular size jar of jam for a couple of bucks and having to throw it away when it turns into a jar of white fuzz. Shipping is free if you order enough, but it’s pretty difficult to get the total up when you’re spending 23 cents at a time. If you know other singles (prepper or not) in your area, you might be able to get together a group order. Minimus also sells toiletries, OTC medication (Gas-X!) in single-serving sizes. 😉

M.

jimLE
    Participant

i’ve learned that dollar general has small jars of miracle whip.i bought 2 the other day.i also buy the 1LB bags of sugar when i do my primary shopping.on account i don’t use that much of either, in 1 month

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Assign a menu in the Left Menu options.
Assign a menu in the Right Menu options.