Spam Housekeeping

This topic contains 21 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  dmwalsh568 7 hours, 18 minutes ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 22 total)
  • Author

ReadyMom

I cleaned up the threads that had the creepy ‘Courte’ spammer posts. My apologies for not getting that done sooner. I haven’t been on the forum as much as when we had the old format/forum. I’ve had a busy 2-3 weeks, in my family life plus this forum is just NOT easy for me to follow. (It seems that we don’t have the activity that we used to on this new one, either. Sad.)

Anyway, I have NO idea how to stop spammers on this new format. The only thing that I have the ability to do is to delete the spam posts. I do not have the access to BAN said spammer, like we mods used to have on the old format. All we can do is click on a ‘spam’ button that we have as a Mod. Clicking on that button deletes the spam, but not the spammer. -k

• This topic was modified 3 weeks, 4 days ago by  ReadyMom.

I still have not been able to find where to assign settings for moderators. I don’t even know if the default settings can be changed. For now, just post a thread with links to each spammer you come accross. I’ll try to get in a couple times a week to ban them.

ReadyMom

I’m a little concerned about the unusual # of new members that just came on board, today. 19 total!! All within a min. of each other! Is this a mass spam event?

Those are all members that I approved to join. I hope none of them are spammers.

ReadyMom

Oh … good! It was so unusual to see such a long list, I got a little worried! Nice to see!! WELCOME to all the new folks on board!

• This reply was modified 3 weeks, 3 days ago by  ReadyMom.

ReadyMom

Multiple SPAM posts DELETED for: roz an

• This reply was modified 3 weeks, 2 days ago by  ReadyMom.
    • This reply was modified 3 weeks, 2 days ago by  ReadyMom.

IceFire

As I run across the spammers, I’ll post it here. There are 2 in particular that need to go…the “Medypharma” guy pushing pills, and the guy for the smut site. NOT what we need on a family forum! Not being able to swing the “banhammer” ourselves is really frustrating…for us, AND for the other members who point this stuff out to us.

ReadyMom

Sounds good. I’ll post with a link to their name (like I did for Roz an), so we can swing that hammer, if we get one.

IceFire

Here’s another spammer that needs to be banned… http://americanpreppersnetwork.net/members/chambers/

dmwalsh568
    Participant

ReadyMom

IceFire

I removed the spam from this clown, but he needs to be banned, as well. http://americanpreppersnetwork.net/members/lluisbones/

I have been here for a while and as much as I like this site it seems to be turning into a spam-filled adventure. I think i’m going to ease on out of here for a while. I will check back time to time good luck folks…..

Baugo
    Participant

Just an observation and a suggestion for the admins…this forum is huge and confusing..there are topics and complete subforums here that have not been replied to or commented on for years.

In fact, all but one post here is dead.

How about making it smaller and easier to navigate? I am willing to assist.

IceFire

This clown is at it again. http://americanpreppersnetwork.net/members/chambers/

I removed his spam, but he needs banned.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 22 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Assign a menu in the Left Menu options.
Assign a menu in the Right Menu options.