Sugar and salt

This topic contains 5 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  ReadyMom 7 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

lilangelsmom

Where would I go to buy bulk sugar and salt? What brands? And can you use regular table salt to cure meat in a shtf situation?

TRex2
    Participant

I suspect a restaurant supply store would be a good place to buy bulk sugar and salt.

There are some on line. Couple example pages from one such supplier:
    2000 packets of sugar (about 12 pounds)
    Various bags of Bulk sugar

And yes, you can use table salt to cure meat. Might not be optimal, but it would work.

• This reply was modified 7 months, 1 week ago by  TRex2.

ReadyMom

The nice thing about storing both of these items is that they do NOT have to be stored in a climate controlled area, like most other things! I use the space in my garage for these! Keep them tightly sealed and if you are critter prone, make sure the containers are critter proof! Plus both will virtually last forever!

Illini Warrior
    Participant

any particular reason why a 2 1/2 year old posting is coming up for replies

What ReadyMom said. I store my sugar/salt in the garage also. I store them in glass wine jugs, just in case of critters.

I get my gallon or 3/4 gallon glass jugs from the local VFW or American Legion, they’re free, all you have to do is ask for them.

ReadyMom

any particular reason why a 2 1/2 year old posting is coming up for replies

During the transfer of the APN forum, a lot of old posts have not yet made the transfer. The ORIGINAL post made it, but not everything else that followed. Hopefully, the rest will eventually follow. But until then, (Just in case it’s lost) a couple of us have been browsing through what is here and are making some updated posts.

• This reply was modified 7 months, 1 week ago by  ReadyMom.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.