Survival Guns

Viewing 15 posts - 91 through 105 (of 108 total)
  • Author
    Perimeter

I see this thread has been up for a long time, being a new member I would just like to add my 2 cents. I have quite a few rifles, shotguns and pistols to chose from.
    I deceided a few years ago to “standardize” my primary survival weapons. I sold all the various caliber pistols and picked one cartridge I liked, the .45 acp. I now have three .45’s and only have to buy one caliber on ammo thus making it a lot easier to build up a good supply. I keep an M4 carbine, Remington 870 and a couple of .45 glocks for protection. I try to keep 1000 rounds for each weapon and I think the most important weapon in an urban situation is the shotgun, I find the broad range of loads available make it universal for everything from hunting to self defense. Take a look at Brenneke slugs if you want the best knock down power for your buck…large game to car engine blocks!

Kanman

Nothing has been added on here for a while, and I have two thoughts. I had a cancel carry in another state a few years ago, then moved here. I started the process to get it here, then stopped. My thought process is if something big goes down, they have a record of who and where I am, and the authorities might come and try to take my guns from me.
    As far as guns to have, I do have a 12 gauge, along with a 22 rifle and 22 pistol. that way the ammo is all the same and can be used in both. Less expense and hassle wshtf.

@Kanman wrote:

Nothing has been added on here for a while, and I have two thoughts. I had a cancel carry in another state a few years ago, then moved here. I started the process to get it here, then stopped. My thought process is if something big goes down, they have a record of who and where I am, and the authorities might come and try to take my guns from me.
    As far as guns to have, I do have a 12 gauge, along with a 22 rifle and 22 pistol. that way the ammo is all the same and can be used in both. Less expense and hassle wshtf.

Have you ever purchased anything firearms related, even the most remote with a credit card?

If so, the search profiles already have you flagged most likely. Search engines running spiders are amazing things in what they can collect on most any topic out there.

Also, if you use such, think about all those discount and membership accounts like Dicks and Sportsman’s Guide. The record for items we purchase will never go away. Just like anything ever posted to the web will be there, somewhere, until the web itself is gone.

Welcome to the forum.

JM

Kanman

I know what you mean, and last two guns were bought with cash. I will occasionally purchase ammo with debit card….hhmmmm, good food for thought.

Willy Pete

@Kanman wrote:

I know what you mean, and last two guns were bought with cash. I will occasionally purchase ammo with debit card….hhmmmm, good food for thought.

I’m in the same boat just bought a rifle with cash but the best deals on ammo are generally online.

Eleven_bravo

I have my general-purpose survival guns already selected, and most of them bought. Now I just need doubles and triples of everything.

A special purpose weapon I was thinking of, for the purpose of a static defensive position on a roadway, is a good 12 gauge slug gun with a rifled barrel and optics. Mostly for anti-vehicle fires. I’ve read that some of the good ones, using the right ammo can reach out and touch damn near 200 yards. When a car is your target, maybe more. The real question is whether or not a sabot slug can crack an engine block from that far. Might make more sense just to have a good .300 mag or something. Who knows.

Not something I’m completely sold on, just a thought that popped into my head.

Dwood1957

Have you ever purchased anything firearms related, even the most remote with a credit card?

If so, the search profiles already have you flagged most likely. Search engines running spiders are amazing things in what they can collect on most any topic out there.

Also, if you use such, think about all those discount and membership accounts like Dicks and Sportsman’s Guide. The record for items we purchase will never go away. Just like anything ever posted to the web will be there, somewhere, until the web itself is gone.

Welcome to the forum.

JM[/quote]

Holy cow let me look out the window.. Nope not here yet. with everything I have bought sense 08 they probably think I am going to start a war…..

Danny62

I am on so many list that have even confuseed the guvment. If I count these right 5. Raining out now so do not have to look, unless they have set up in a car across the railrood tracks.
    Danny

Holy cow let me look out the window.. Nope not here yet. with everything I have bought sense 08 they probably think I am going to start a war…..[/quote]

THESE ARE NOT THE DROIDS YOU’RE LOOKING FOR!

Willy Pete

@Eleven_bravo wrote:

I have my general-purpose survival guns already selected, and most of them bought. Now I just need doubles and triples of everything.

A special purpose weapon I was thinking of, for the purpose of a static defensive position on a roadway, is a good 12 gauge slug gun with a rifled barrel and optics. Mostly for anti-vehicle fires. I’ve read that some of the good ones, using the right ammo can reach out and touch damn near 200 yards. When a car is your target, maybe more. The real question is whether or not a sabot slug can crack an engine block from that far. Might make more sense just to have a good .300 mag or something. Who knows.

Not something I’m completely sold on, just a thought that popped into my head.

H&R makes a good slug gun with scope combo for 277$ w/ rifled heavy barrel. The remington accu-tip sabot slugs shoot flat at 150yds and around -6 at 200yds. Still hit with around 1700 foot pounds at that range. It may not crack the block but would do enough damage to hurt its feelings.(side note specifications could change depending on barrel length etc.)

koeelvry
    Participant

If you want to stop a vehicle, the best way is to take out the driver. You can put rounds with good penetration through the firewall or doors easier than trying to crack an engine block. Besides, just cracking the block won’t stop the car, it’ll just cause it to overheat and sieze. If you penetrate the block and get to the internal moving parts, you can kill the engine but I believe it is still an easier task to take the driver out. A shotgun slug will have sufficient penetration for this as well as most rifles of 270 caliber or larger. A 308 Win. will penetrate both doors and anything in-between on most vehicles.
    Jim

Laythar

Koeelvry, I agree. :shakeyes: Driver is the target. An operational vehicle is an asset to be added to your inventory.

RogueHawk

Currently I am working with a Mossberg 500 interchangable barrels (18 & 28 inch) which gives me the option to use game/bird loads or home defense loads.

Sidearm is a Glock 30 in 45 cal…Golden Sabre hollow point loads…Ouch! Looking to get a 22lr rifle on payday…and more ammo for all of my personal protection force….

~Rogue

Lionheart1972
    Participant

@RogueHawk wrote:

Currently I am working with a Mossberg 500 interchangable barrels (18 & 28 inch) which gives me the option to use game/bird loads or home defense loads.

Sidearm is a Glock 30 in 45 cal…Golden Sabre hollow point loads…Ouch! Looking to get a 22lr rifle on payday…and more ammo for all of my personal protection force….

~Rogue

I received a Cabela’s flier today, it had a scoped Ruger 1022 for $269. I think that is a pretty good deal. BTW my first gun was purchased in 1973, it was a Mossberg 500. It was the best 72 dollars I ever spent. It has a lot more company now, but it still holds a special place.

Lionheart1972
    Participant

@RogueHawk wrote:

~Rogue

I received a Cabela’s flier today, it had a scoped Ruger 1022 for $269. I think that is a pretty good deal. BTW my first gun was purchased in 1973, it was a Mossberg 500. It was the best 72 dollars I ever spent. It has a lot more company now, but it still holds a special place.

Viewing 15 posts - 91 through 105 (of 108 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
American Preppers Network Forum