Sustainable Agriculture Program.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Hillbluffer

Hi all been awhile since I’ve posted, however I did want to post the new email I received about the upcoming Sustainable Agriculture Program. I attended a year ago when it was here in Columbia and learned a lot. Plan on attending again up in the Greenville area and wanted to post so others will have the info. Post is below for your information. 😀

It’s conference time again! We’re working hard to finish our class schedule and update our website. Thanks to the efforts of Clemson University’s Sustainable Agriculture program, we have funds from Southern SARE (Sustainable Agriculture Research and Education) to bring in special instructors for our soil health and small farm profitability tracks. We’ll share our schedule very soon.

This year, we’re part of a 3-day event called Cultivate. The organic growing conference will be held on Saturday, February 28 (“Grow”); on Sunday afternoon of March 1, the chefs from the Culinary Institute of the Carolinas will teach cooking classes (“Cook”); and on Monday, March 2, edible Upcountry will hold its 4th annual Food Hub (“Network”). We’re excited to be a part of such an incredible line-up of activities and presenters.

You can purchase tickets for the conference only, for all three days, or for any two-day combination at http://www.upstatecultivate.com. Early bird rates ($55 for the conference) are available until January 15.

This year has been busy and productive in other ways. I am now the Academic Program Director for Greenville Technical College’s new Sustainable Agriculture certificate program, a relationship that was formed as a result of the great partnership between SCOOL and the Culinary Institute of the Carolinas at last year’s conference. Pending approval by the state, we’ll soon be registering students for the first class, slated to start in the fall of 2015. Program brochures will be available at the conference.

We hope to see you all at the NW Campus of Greenville Tech on February 28th. Please e-mail or call me with any questions.

Best,

Rebecca McKinney, Executive Director
    South Carolina Organization for Organic Living (SCOOL)

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
American Preppers Network Forum