the urban menu gross?

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  CherB 1 month ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

So what happens when the foods rotten and the prepackaged stuff is gone. Since most urban areas are covered with concrete there will be only small pockets of wild editable if you know what to look for. However there just wont be enough to go around so what is one to do, start eating what you can. My guess is pets are some of the first things to go on the menu. followed by the few bushy tailed critters in the city like squirrel and coon and even things like rats and mice despite health issues of eating these types of animals within the city limits with the exception of perhaps the squirrel. Another food source may be bb gun birds other country’s like france and china eat allot of small birds and should not be discounted. I wont even brush over the other available meat source. I could be wrong about this but i don’t think so which is why i wouldn’t want to be in the city for long when it go’s down. As hunger will certainly be the driving force behind any and all chaos. I would be interest in other suggestion like worm stew. I know what your thinking i’d never eat that bet you would if your starving to death. I know it’s gross but within the city limits your options are limited.

CherB
    Participant

I’ve eaten squirrel and sometimes they are known to carry plague still I read in science magazine a few years ago. So if you do have something like squirrel you can dip it in boiling water instead of bringing right into your home… most cold weather areas don’t have something like this so I know from having a garden the stew meat comes to your door if you watch go it.

CherB
    Participant

I’ve eaten squirrel and sometimes they I hear that worms are good in oatmeal cookies as the crunchy cookies mask it well and give you added protein. Otherwise it’s rinse and swallow.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Assign a menu in the Left Menu options.
Assign a menu in the Right Menu options.