TOILET PAPER-How Much Do I Store in My Preps? (NEW)

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  MojoYankee 6 years ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

ReadyMom

NOTE:

Until we (hopefully) get back our original thread on this, I’m going to start a new thread, just in case our old one is for-ever lost.
      = = = = = = = = =
      I found an article with tips on how to figure out the Best Toilet Paper Prices a complete Toilet Paper Stock Up Price List to make comparisons. Scroll down that page to find a handy chart that compares sheet size, rolls & amounts.

https://www.livingrichwithcoupons.com/toilet-paper-coupons

• This topic was modified 5 months, 2 weeks ago by  ReadyMom.
    • This topic was modified 5 months, 2 weeks ago by  ReadyMom.

MojoYankee

I thought that I had a pretty good start on my preps, and perhaps I do. But in September we had half a dozen family members come and stay at our house for the week of my son’s wedding and it was a reality check in terms of how far we still have to go.

Normally, it’s just my husband and I here (although we are also trying to prep for other family members). During that week I got a first-hand glimpse into how quickly supplies will evaporate with just a small group of people.

I put a 12-roll pack of toilet paper in the guest bathroom before everyone arrived. Also some bar soap, liquid soap, shampoo, toothpaste and mouthwash. The tp was gone in 5 days! Yeah–with just us that would last a long time as my DH is gone 40-50 hours a week. By the time they left, most of the bottle of shampoo was gone and the liquid body soap was completely gone.

I told them to help themselves to anything in the kitchen. LOL!!!! Well, they decimated the case of gatoraide I keep for our preps and also plowed through a case of bottled water and several gallons of arizona iced tea!

One of my DILs asked about the waxed cheese. I let them try it with some crackers and when they left I discovered that they consumed TWELVE POUNDS of waxed cheese within one week. Same thing with the sampling of my canned jams and jellies. I could go on and on, but you get the idea. It was like a plague of locusts took over my house.

The suddenly crowded condition of my house, the difficulty of keeping things tidy with people tripping over each other’s stuff, and the way food and supplies evaporated at warp speed made me realize what it might be like in a SHTF situation to suddenly have half a dozen or more people in the house.

I have two huge stacks of toilet tissue in bulk packs sitting in my porch storage area and it seemed like a lot to me until now. What lasts my DH and I a month or more wouldn’t even be a week’s supply with a small group of people here. When I realized this I felt really overwhelmed.

I did learn a few things. One thing is that in a shtf situation, you wouldn’t be able to give open access to food and supplies to everyone in a household unless they all understood the need to ration food and use supplies as sparingly as possible.

One thing’s for sure, I will never again tell houseguests to help themselves to anything in my kitchen. LOL

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Assign a menu in the Left Menu options.
Assign a menu in the Right Menu options.