veggie gardens, plants for medicine

Welcome to APN! Forums Start Here Introduce Yourself veggie gardens, plants for medicine

This topic contains 3 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  IceFire 1 year, 3 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

gloria
    Participant

just learning new ways to care for human and dog bodies other than traditional drugs from doctors and vets after retiring from 20 years of military service.
    thank you for the site!

TRex2
    Participant

Be sure to ask a lot of questions, and don’t be shy about sharing what you have already learned. We lost a lot of older post during a software change, and one way we know what needs to be reposted is by answering your questions.

Cin
    Participant

Right now, I keep my herbs in pots, and am only growing traditional ones at first. We are still learning about growing. I have:

Basil
    Sage
    Oregano
    Mint
    Chocolate Mint

I would like to have a full medicinal garden, but I’m still a newbie and last year managed to kill most of my herbs.

That said, I do keep a supply of herbs on hand, including loose comfrey, lavender, and calendula. I get them at the Amish bulk store.

IceFire

There are a LOT of great medicinal herbs (and several that are both medicinal AND culinary. Some basic ones to grow are thyme, lavender, oregano, rosemary, and mint. Those 5 are BOTH culinary AND medicinal. There are several really good books out on herbal medicine. Some that I have in my library are “Grow Your Own Drugs (seriously, that is the name of the book) “Growing and Using the Healing Herbs”, “The Herb Bible”, and “Rodale’s Illustrated Encyclopedia of Herbs.” There are several other book out there on herbal medicine, as well.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

American Preppers Network Forum