Welcome Ladies!

This topic contains 122 replies, has 27 voices, and was last updated by  Vina8 8 years ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 123 total)
  • Author

kymber

this forum has been around for only 5 minutes and already i see some excellent new ladies here as well as the awesome ladies from the APN that i have befriended, learned much from and love! this new forum rocks and i just know that this Ladies Section is going to be incredibly fun!

now – who’s gonna start new topics here on stockpiling feminine products, making the change to cloth wipes, switching over to re-usable feminine products….we’ll also need a topic on home births and a bunch of other “feminine” topics that will make the lads squeamish but you know that they will be checking this section out daily!!!!

thanks AP (i know that you are checking in here) for setting up this section!

IceFire

@kymber wrote:

…now – who’s gonna start new topics here on stockpiling feminine products, making the change to cloth wipes, switching over to re-usable feminine products….we’ll also need a topic on home births and a bunch of other “feminine” topics that will make the lads squeamish but you know that they will be checking this section out daily!!!

Looks like you’ve already started that one!

Phelan

Ok, I was just thinking about that the other day. I was thinking about sewing up my own, but people keep telling e to get the diva cup. I don’t know. . .

~giggle~ this should get interesting.

ReadyMom

Hi there! I have a website that I developed that pulls together all the info I’ve been collecting the past several years for Emergency Home Preparation. There’s a section on this very topic. One idea includes home-made pads. You can find it here: http://communityawarenesspreparation.phpbb24.com/board/sanitary-pads-t393.html” onclick=”window.open(this.href);return false .

ps.-feel free to copy anything you want from this site, and add anything new you see I haven’t included!

kymber

Phelan – i have the diva cup and i have tried my darndest to like it. i hate it! i really, really, really hate it! but i have never really liked tampons either but at least those are smaller. and i am one of those women who, when wearing a tampon, ALWAYS feels it. tampons have never been comfortable. the diva cup on the other hand i didn’t feel at all due to the self-suction. and so i thought i would really like it.

i wore it for the first day of my cycle. i had a bit of a time getting it in. once in – amazingly – it was in! and comfortable! oh joy! the problem is with getting the darn thing out!!! there i am perched half on the toilet seat, half on the edge of the tub, pulling and pulling and pulling – the suction really works!!! and then finally it comes out with a big PLOIMP and i am pulling it out sideways and stuff is dumping all over my thighs and the edge of the toilet seat and the tub…it was an incredible mess! thank god i was home and not at a work or a public bathroom – i don’t know how i would have cleaned up the mess!

i have tried it several times. you don’t want to hear the gorey details of waking up in the middle of the night and realizing the dang thing had slipped. oh what a mess! but one great thing about the diva cup is that i NEVER felt it. but i also can’t get it out without making a mess! therefore – i have switched to re-usable cotton pads that you can make on your own. i have links to some sites somewhere and can dig them up if anyone is interested.

i am making my own from here on in. and if anyone can tell me what i am doing wrong with the diva cup – i would really appreciate it!

kymber

thanks ReadyMom – that is awesome and saves me from having to go and dig through my old links!

Phelan

I have a friend that makes pads. They are rather interesting as you can get Betty Boop or skull and cross bones on the fabric.

Thanks for the link.

Kymber, hahaha! my side hurts now. Only us girls would find anything like that funny. Sorry. My question is would the diva cup last 20 years? I don’t care for tampons either so have been searching for something. . . My mother use to use that gurdle thing with rags, but these homemade jobs with Velcro are preferred in my mind.

IceFire

Gee, this discussion makes me REALLY glad that I hit early menopause already! Now, if anyone has a cure for hot flashes that do NOT involve HRT, PLEASE let me know!

Phelan

Ice Fire, my mother is taking some herbs that seem to help her a lot. I will ask her what it is, and get back to you.

kymber

Phelan…i think the diva cup might be here longer than the cockroaches after a nuclear wipe-out…the dang things are really well-made! and yes – it’s funny looking back on it – but i was actually a tiny bit traumatized during the events!!!

however, i agree – homemade cloth jobbies with velcro and in soft cotton with any pattern that you may like is the way to go!

oh and Icefire – i hear ya! do you mind if i ask how old you are? i am 39 and although still getting my period regularly – have been experiencing the hot flashes during the day (quick ones) and at night (i wake up in pools of sweat – it isn’t pretty!)

and i would also like to know about the herbs for menopause too!

IceFire

Kymber,

I’m 50. Hit menopause 5 years ago, but was in “pre-menopause” mode for a few years before that. The hot flashes aren’t as bad as they used to be, and I haven’t had to deal with night sweats, but my husband gets tired of me alternately pushing off the covers and then pulling them off all night long. At least I don’t have to deal with the mega-cramps from hades or the 8-day long periods at “full flood” stage anymore.

Phelan,

Thanks, I’d appreciate that. I’ve tried Black Cohosh (the standard menopause herb) but it doesn’t help me at all. (Yeah, I know…there’s one in every crowd, and I’m usually “it”.)

Phelan

Actually there is a mix to use with it. New post started with the info for you

Phelan

Hey, did you see who is moderating here? Are they serious? Do they really think that those people would do a better job, sheesh.

Boys are silly. And why does the ladies section have so many more moderators then anywhere else?

kymber

i think that the admin realizes that this section is gonna get pretty full pretty fast and he knows that the list of moderators are people who will check here often and make sure the ladies stay in line…

cuz…you know…most of us get too comfortable here and there is going to be outright mayhem….you especially Phelan…and SciFi…and me too for that matter. so this section needs this many moderators to try and keep it decent.

bahahahahah!

mmpaints
    Participant

I think so we can keep this section covered all the time. I take Black Cohash and it eases the hot flashes for me nicely.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 123 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

American Preppers Network Forum