Welcome Ladies!

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 123 total)
  • Author
    mmpaints
    Participant

LOL, any excuse to jump on my “cycle” and run the hubby over, LMAO

kymber

so ladies – has anyone ever experienced the crazy “spiders running up and down your legs” thingies in the middle of the night? i wake up in a pool of sweat in a panic trying to brush them off even when i know that they aren’t there. my mother experienced the same thing. are we just nuts?

Phelan

I have restless leg syndrome. Mine feels like I have to stretch all the time, but stretching doesn’t relieve the symptoms. I have tried all kinds of rubs and herbs, but since it is neurological, there isn’t much I can do besides narcotics.

mmpaints
    Participant

No, yer not crazy. I experience something similar from time to time. I think stress triggers it for me. Sometimes I feel like the covers are crawling and I get the “gotta stretch” thing too.

kymber

teeehee to SCIFI – THAT was funny!

and a big thanks to Phelan for explaining the restless leg syndrome (do you think it has anything to do with TBI and the migraines?)…and to MMpaints….yes – the covers seem to crawl…and for me they seem to be full of spiders even though i am awake and know better – but i am still brushing them off in a panic.

ugh Phelan…when did your TBI happen? mine happened when i was strapped in a walker at 11 months old and was pushed down the basement stairs (concrete…and concrete floor) by my sister…i have experienced terrible migraines ever since….the kind that make you vomit uncontrollably all over everything and make you crawl under the couch with a blanket for 4 or 5 days…

gals – if this is TMI – sorry!

mmpaints
    Participant

It ain’t Kymber, it’s something that has to be dealt with for a shtf situation. A way to remedy symptoms needs to be worked out. After all, it’s really a ladies world so who better to come up with suggestions than us?

kymber

MM – you know that i am your biggest cheerleader..and i think it is clear to everyone else too..its like – if you can identify someone that has more knowledge than you – then you should go to that person right?

but anyway – ya – females have been ignored too long. it’s time to find out how to properly understand the female cycle. for real.

mmpaints
    Participant

So many of the skills our ancestors had are lost right now and all these ladies here prove that we can get those skills back. No man would even be here if it weren’t for us anyway. It is a Ladies world.

kymber

it’s a ladies world. i think that’s where we went astray. with patriarchy. oh how i could go on. but you said it a few times now MM…it’s a ladies world. and if we can fix up the ladies and take back matriarchal control without anyone feeling bad about it – i think that we can change the world . for the better.

i must be Canadian to have such ridiculous thoughts eh?

ponymama44

my mom taught her daughters a little trick – we do what we want and con our men into thinking it was all their idea! Their egos are sustained and we get what we want.

kymber

ponymamma – yer MOM was dead on right – teehee! but let’s keep that secret to ourselves! (although based on the number of views for this thread – i think that there are a pile of guys viewing this thread and hopefully learning something!)

IceFire

…i have experienced terrible migraines ever since….the kind that make you vomit uncontrollably all over everything and make you crawl under the couch with a blanket for 4 or 5 days…

Kymber, I know where you’re coming from…I get migraines too, and have done the vomiting thing (shades of “The Exorcist”)…have even had them so bad that I couldn’t walk, talk, or see straight. Getting down the stairs from a third-floor walk-up to go to the ER was rather…interesting. Winter is the worst, since we have found that falling barometric pressure is my biggest trigger.

I have found fresh feverfew leaves to be extremely helpful. The dried, podered stuff from the store is NOT as effective. Chew 3 fresh feverfew leaves (I know…they taste like crap, but for the relief they give, I’ll put up with the taste.) Spring through fall isn’t bad, since the plants are growing, but winter has been the pits, since the plants are dormant. Now that I have my AeroGrows now, though, I’m growing feverfew indoors so that I have a steady supply of fresh leaves throughout the winter.

Phelan

I have 4 different types of migraines, not including rebounds. I go blind, break blood vessels in my face. . . yadda yadda yadda. And nothing short of narcotics has ever helped. Skullcap however does seem to put a damper on the pain and I can function like a 5 year old at that point.

kymber

guys – i hate to say it – thanks for all of your advice – but nothing works on these mind-benders. and i have been prescribed some of the craziest narcotics out there. and those work. and then after i take them i sleep for 4 straight days, peeing and number twoing myself each day that i sleep, always waking up to no motor skills available for the next 5 straight days as well as an inability to walk, talk, or even brush my hair. it sucks!

narcotic-less – i grin and bear it. i put my head under the couch or bed and lay there moaning and groaning until i need to barf – then barf, sometimes clean it up, sometimes not, hubby comes home and bathes me in the tub, tries to get some food in me…this goes on for 3,4 or 5 days….thank god its only every 2-3 months…and always during my period.

i am always open to more suggestions. please share more!

Uvajed

I used to get terrible headaches. Then, when I quit my job that dealt with chemicals and solvents, poof, no more headaches. I never connected it. Perhaps you need to look at your environment. I know there is more to it. But, for 15 years I thought it was something I had to deal with, a bum deal I got. Within months after leaving my job, I realized, no more headaches that put me in bed for a day or more. Perhaps it’s your insulation, or paint, or floor cleaning solutions….. It could be anything you normally use. Swap out something for a week or so, then rinse and repeat. (only do one item at a time) Perhaps it’s a food. Don’t discount these things. A simple reaction to something could mean the difference. I’ve not experienced those headaches for 9 years. I’m so grateful!

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 123 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
American Preppers Network Forum