Welcome Ladies!

This topic contains 122 replies, has 27 voices, and was last updated by  Vina8 7 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 123 total)
  • Author

kymber

Uvajed – i agree with you 100%! i left work almost 2 years ago…3 years ago we bought a new house and went chemical-free. now, when i leave the house to go shopping or whatnot – all i smell is chemicals – they are everywhere!!!

have you ever looked into multiple chemical sensitivity disorder? here is the wikipedia link: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Multiple_chemical_sensitivity” onclick=”window.open(this.href);return false

but Uvajed – just so that you know…i have broken my nose and jaw and right cheekbone about a thousand times…and all that after i had been pushed down 40 some odd basement stairs while strapped in a walker at the age of 11 months…most doctors have diagnosed me with TBI and a bunch of other stuff. eh whatever!

for now – i just try and live with it. and be away from chemicals as much as i can. and dream about cape breton!

thank you all for all of your posts! it is amazing how a stupid little forum can bring such caring people into your life! oh He works in such mysterious ways! thank you all so much!

Phelan

mine is the chemical make-up in my brain. I was born with them, my father was born with them, my grandmother was born with them. I wish it was just something I could change, but it isn’t. We tried food and environmental changes when was a child. nothing. Each type of migraine has it’s own trigger, from stress to TOM, from lights to smells. Some times they seem to come without any reason.

kymber

Phelan…do you keep a migraine diary? one of my docs suggested i do it years ago. i started a diary several times to record when they came on, what the symptoms were, any strange food i had eaten, etc., etc.

it took a long time and much discipline but i eventually DID start to see patterns. i seem to get the worst migraines near the seasonal equinoxes. and any time there is a severe change in atmospheric pressure as well. my migraines really do have a seasonal “thing” to them. it took forever to ‘see’ it tho….and doesn’t really change anything with that knowledge. except that i now know when to expect them…sorta.

Phelan

I did keep one when I was a child, very few patterns emerged. I am not allowed to get excited about anything because when I go to sleep a migraine will hit. I have irregular periods, and that is a problem, I can’t take birth control as that is a problem. To humid is a problem, but then some can without any pattern at all. Then around 12 I developed rebound migraines because of all the drugs they had me on to prevent (didn’t work) stop (didn’t really work, the opiate was heavenly though) These I can time, I know that if I have a migraine, I can ease it with meds, but only for 7 days, then nothing works and I just have to have the migraine.

Uvajed

@kymber wrote:

Uvajed – i agree with you 100%! i left work almost 2 years ago…3 years ago we bought a new house and went chemical-free. now, when i leave the house to go shopping or whatnot – all i smell is chemicals – they are everywhere!!!

have you ever looked into multiple chemical sensitivity disorder? here is the wikipedia link: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Multiple_chemical_sensitivity” onclick=”window.open(this.href);return false

but Uvajed – just so that you know…i have broken my nose and jaw and right cheekbone about a thousand times…and all that after i had been pushed down 40 some odd basement stairs while strapped in a walker at the age of 11 months…most doctors have diagnosed me with TBI and a bunch of other stuff. eh whatever!

for now – i just try and live with it. and be away from chemicals as much as i can. and dream about cape breton!

thank you all for all of your posts! it is amazing how a stupid little forum can bring such caring people into your life! oh He works in such mysterious ways! thank you all so much!

I worked with toxic industrial strength chemicals, inks, solvents, etc. So, Mr. Clean is baby stuff for me. I’ll have to try to notice normal household stuff. Thankfully, after I left that job, I’ve never experienced headaches, other than, I’m getting the flu or that type of headache.

I agree with your thoughts about the forum. Who would have thought we’d meet and be ‘friends’. I just really appreciate all the knowledge here, and how it relates to real life. I’ve been browsing the die hard survivalist sites, but they tend to be extreme kind of places that doesn’t fit with our lifestyle.

toma_riddles

@kymber wrote:

guys – i hate to say it – thanks for all of your advice – but nothing works on these mind-benders. and i have been prescribed some of the craziest narcotics out there. and those work. and then after i take them i sleep for 4 straight days, peeing and number twoing myself each day that i sleep, always waking up to no motor skills available for the next 5 straight days as well as an inability to walk, talk, or even brush my hair. it sucks!

narcotic-less – i grin and bear it. i put my head under the couch or bed and lay there moaning and groaning until i need to barf – then barf, sometimes clean it up, sometimes not, hubby comes home and bathes me in the tub, tries to get some food in me…this goes on for 3,4 or 5 days….thank god its only every 2-3 months…and always during my period.

i am always open to more suggestions. please share more!

Kymber: Have you ever been checked for endometriosis? I mean, have you had these symptoms for a long time or have they just started? Endometriosis can cause you to have some really freaky symptoms.

I was just diagnosed with it and they couldn’t figure out what was wrong with me for the longest time because they found it outside my uterus in my bladder area.The first thing I did was go for a vaginal ultrasound and they didn’t find anything in my uterus. I was cramping so bad I couldn’t walk or get out of bed, and I was getting fevers, migraines, severe back pain, aching pain up and down my legs, urinary tract infections, diarrhea. They had me on painkillers, antibiotics, anti-inflammatory stuff, diuretics. It was insane and then I was finally like, “ENOUGH IS ENOUGH!” So I went for an MRI and they found an endometrosis growth on my bladder. And I thought I was just going to the bathroom so much because I had a bladder the size of a pea or something!

My two options were unfortunately surgery, which does not guarantee that the tissue growth won’t come back, or the birth control pill. I know it’s not natural, but I chose the pill. They have me on it continuously with no breaks in taking the pill and so far I’ve been doing great. I’ve have minimal pain and I’m off all of the painkillers and antibiotics. I have my life back.

It was really hard at first because I felt like none of my doctors believed me that i was in so much pain, but if you really have a problem that incapacitates you and you’re not positive what it is, don’t give up! Keep pushing to find some answers and relief!

kymber

Toma – thank you so much for sharing all of this! yes – i have been tested for endometriosis a million times – all of the interested doctors that i have ever come across in my life swear i have it…somewhere!!! but i have had so many external and internal ultrasounds and other stuff that the only place it could be hiding is in my nose! woops – wait a minute – had that checked too!

but i haven’t been back to a doc about it in about 8 or so years. and what you said about peeing has really made me stop and re-think. you can set a clock to my peeing (sorry if this is TMI to anybody!) i pee just about every 45 mins during waking hours and every 2 hours during sleep…teehee…seems i never get REM sleep…no wonder i am tired!

i have a physical scheduled for the 26th….gonna mention the endometriosis thing again to my doc…

thanks so much for this again eh? you really knocked some rocks loose in my head. and hopefully some other women are reading your comment and thinking too. thanks Toma. thanks a lot!

IceFire

That’s the nice thing about this forum…we can “bounce” symptoms, treatments, and possibilities around between us, and give us different things to try or lines of “investigation” that our we or our doctors might not have thought of. Hopefully, we can ALL find some relief for what ails us!

kymber

you hit the nail right on the head IceFire! the Ladies section of this forum is one of the best i have ever seen. we are joking and teasing and laughing and learning…from each other!!! who knew it was possible?

i’d like to personally thank all of you ladies who are sharing info here….i am learning. and from some of the best. how lucky am i?

toma_riddles

Me too! i am very lucky to have found this place. You all feel like fishing crew to me. Close-knit comradeship.

I don’t think I’ve ever really shared my endometriosis nightmare like that. It felt very therapeutic to do that.

I wasn’t sure if you thought the endometriosis suggestion was a bit of a stretch because our diagnoses are different, Kymber. But, I’m really glad you thought it wasn’t. I thought to myself after that post, “But she suffers from migraines, she’s gonna think I’m crazy for mentioning it.” Well, I am crazy as heck, but you know what I mean.

Definitely mention the endometriosis to your doc again; you sound like your are suffering a lot. Also, you may want to consider an FHS screening as well.

Here’s is a link to FHS screening information you might find helpful:

http://www.labtestsonline.org/understanding/analytes/fsh/test.html” onclick=”window.open(this.href);return false

Keep fighting the good fight, Kymber. Faith and moxie is the mantra! And if you ever need any more information or even just some support, I’m here for ya!

kymber

teeheehee…i am so glad that you said fishing crew. i grew up in a fishing village…i can shock scallop and fillet a fish like nobodies business! bahahahah!

i am so glad that you shared that icky nightmare…it helped me! and if it helped you too then holy moly!

teehee…yep yer crazy as heck but have you met MMpaints or Phelan or Scifi??? total whack jobs…trust me on that one – bahahahaha!

thanks so much for the link…i really will mention it to the doc…too many things all coming together and seeming to point in that direction!

Toma…i am sooo glad that you are here! i will keep fighting the good fight! and thank you for your sweet offer…please know that i feel the exact same way and if you ever need me – just yell! it seems i live here! i’ll answer as fast as i can!

thanks Toma!

toma_riddles

We need to have a contest!! Who ever can shuck and fillet the fastest wins a hockey team jersey of their choice! I may live in New Jersey but I love Canada’s national sport ( no not curling) and I need a new New Jersey Devil’s jersey! Hahahaha!

If you win you can choose any jersey but Maple Leafs. I hate the Maple Leafs!!!

I am meeting so many people and everyone is crazy cool! Look at you growing up in a fishing village! If that’s not crazy cool, I don’t know what is.

Marica

Just commenting that I think this is THE MOST active thread on the forum. LOL.

GreenGlove

One of the things that causes migraines is the constriction of blood vessles, and a lack of oxygen to the brain. Thing is there are *so* many different causes. I have never had one until I hit menopause, and found out later that it can be one of the side effects of “the change”. The ariticle I read did not say if the migraines ended with the menopause. Has anyone else heard of this, that is, do they end with the end of menopause?
    Some times when I see the little blue lights floating around before the pain hits in full, I can stop it with a glass of wine. It dilates the blood vessles. Doesn’t always work and I wish I knew why. Black cohosh is a real help to me.
    Different point.
    Does any one know if any company has patterns to make your own bras? I hate underwires with a passion! :cursing:

kymber

@toma_riddles wrote:

We need to have a contest!! Who ever can shuck and fillet the fastest wins a hockey team jersey of their choice! I may live in New Jersey but I love Canada’s national sport ( no not curling) and I need a new New Jersey Devil’s jersey! Hahahaha!

If you win you can choose any jersey but Maple Leafs. I hate the Maple Leafs!!!

I am meeting so many people and everyone is crazy cool! Look at you growing up in a fishing village! If that’s not crazy cool, I don’t know what is.

oh Toma – don’t know how i went so long missing this post!!!! oh we definitely need a contest!!! the contest will be who can shuck and fillet WHILE playing hockey – bahahahahahah!

i am glad that you are meeting lots of people – i agree – everyone here is wicked awesome – including you!!! and heck – am i the only person here that grew up in a fishing village???

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 123 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

American Preppers Network Forum