Welcome Ladies!

This topic contains 122 replies, has 27 voices, and was last updated by  Vina8 8 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 91 through 105 (of 123 total)
  • Author

Vina8

Well, that is something new I learned. Thanks, GreenGlove. Yep, the more uses for Kudzu the better.

IceFire

GreenGlove,

Thanks for the instructions for making corn starch! I had NO idea how it was done…now I do.

I can remember that my Grandmother NEVER used deoderants or antiperspirants, and she NEVER had “BO”. Every morning, she would carefully wash her arm pits, and then afterwards, she would use her puff and apply powder to them. I keep thinking that doing this, rather than using antiperspirants and deodorants helped her keep her mind sharp…she lived to be 102, and never had alzheimers…her mind was clear and sharp, clear up until she passed away. (There is some suspicion that the aluminum salts in antipersperants/deodorants are linked to the development of alzheimers)

Shelli

Which is why I refuse to use them. My mind is bad enough as it is! I currently use a crystal, however I have been known to use corn starch or baking powder as well. There is a “recipe” for a solid, if I remember it included coconut oil, but I would have to go look it up ๐Ÿ™‚ That was great info about the corn starch – I will print that one out.

GreenGlove

Hum. I checked on the corn starch thing. Use *warn* water for the extraction, (you donโ€™t want hot, it will cook it), and set the bowl with the extract in a cool place overnight.
    Has any one else been over to the TP discussion? I almost posted the tooth brush info here. :blush:

edea1976

On deodorant:
    Does the crystal work for anyone? I’ve tried 2 different non-aluminum deodorants, Tom’s of Maine and a liquid crystal roll-on and they work for about 2 hours and quit. I resort to using regular Degree or whatever I have when I’m going to be at a parent-teacher meeting or such.

mmartin55

This site sounds really interesting! I’ve had a couple of babies at home, so I’m fairly knowledgeable about natural birth and home births. I’ve had two terrible midwives and one great midwife. I learned how to time the delivery from the great midwife. My husband (at the time) worked out of town all week and wanted to be home for the birth of my daughter. My midwife showed me the trick of drinking cod liver oil to get the contractions going when I wanted them to. It worked out perfectly and also was the shortest, quickest labor I’ve ever had. Mine usually were the the 3-day kind from hell. So if anyone wants to talk about home birth, pregnancy, etc. I might have some info.

Vina8

Thanks for joining us, mmartin55. Good story–I had not heard that about cod liver oil. I look forward to your posts.

Uvajed

@phelan wrote:

I have 4 different types of migraines, not including rebounds. I go blind, break blood vessels in my face. . . yadda yadda yadda. And nothing short of narcotics has ever helped. Skullcap however does seem to put a damper on the pain and I can function like a 5 year old at that point.

I don’t have spiders, or hot flashes, barely no symptoms of menopause. But, I realize, I’m 51 and still regular. My mom said, one day, they just stopped. Hopefully the women in our line have it that easy. I gave birth easy, perhaps it’s just in our DNA.

Anyway, I used to have these horrific headaches. They drove me to bed, lights out, the whole nine yards.

Then, I quit my job. I worked as an engineer at plastics printing manufacturer for 12 years (I have an eng degree and an MBA), which printed inks on plastic to auto, appliances, etc industries. We used practically every toxic chemical know to man, inks, solvents and photo stuff. The smells permeated your clothing, cars, and I suppose food. After about a year past that place, magically, I realized, I haven’t had one of those headaches that brought me to my knees. I haven’t had one headache since 2000. Know your environment. Perhaps there’s something lurking behind your walls or floors that are making you have a reaction. I didn’t put 2 and 2 together until after I left. You get so used to the environment.

Anonymous

@icefire wrote:

Gee, this discussion makes me REALLY glad that I hit early menopause already! Now, if anyone has a cure for hot flashes that do NOT involve HRT, PLEASE let me know!

Soy products for the phyto estrogens is great for all the hormonal craziness brought on by menopause…

Wild Yam cream is another option that is awesome and helps not only with the hot flashes, mood swings and sleep difficulties but with the menopausal dry Hoo-Haa syndrome :blink: from fluctuating hormones….

IceFire

@CajunDaddys_girl wrote:

@icefire wrote:

Gee, this discussion makes me REALLY glad that I hit early menopause already! Now, if anyone has a cure for hot flashes that do NOT involve HRT, PLEASE let me know!

Soy products for the phyto estrogens is great for all the hormonal craziness brought on by menopause…

Wild Yam cream is another option that is awesome and helps not only with the hot flashes, mood swings and sleep difficulties but with the menopausal dry Hoo-Haa syndrome :blink: from fluctuating hormones….

Tried the Wild Yam cream…didn’t do ANYTHING for me at all. The hot flashes and mood swings have really decreased (after 6 years), the sleep thing I deal with by taking melatonin at night, but yeah, the “dry Hoo-Haa” syndrome is still there, and is NO fun. (Although, getting my husband to wear lubricated condoms helps quite a bitx Don’t need them for “BC” purposes, but for the “Hoo-Haa” AND a WHOLE lot less “mess”, they’re great!)

Sigh … hot flashes … I had the pleasure of having a radical hysterectomy in January … and started hot flashes right there in the hospital, and they have been worse than those 2 week long periods! It always starts at the back of my head and radiates through my body, it feels like I am going to spontaneously combust sometimes. I have tried everything except for the prescription the doc gave me … from the reading I have done the side effects from those are worse than the hot flashes. Tried black cohosh and the wild yam cream … anybody else have any ideas? I haven’t slept through an entire night since the surgery without the hot flashes and to top it off I live in Central California where it basically stays above 100 from June to November. At this point thinking I have to do the presciption usless someone has some guidance…

Anonymous

@Robinsons Treehouse wrote:

Sigh … hot flashes … I had the pleasure of having a radical hysterectomy in January … and started hot flashes right there in the hospital, and they have been worse than those 2 week long periods! It always starts at the back of my head and radiates through my body, it feels like I am going to spontaneously combust sometimes. I have tried everything except for the prescription the doc gave me … from the reading I have done the side effects from those are worse than the hot flashes. Tried black cohosh and the wild yam cream … anybody else have any ideas? I haven’t slept through an entire night since the surgery without the hot flashes and to top it off I live in Central California where it basically stays above 100 from June to November. At this point thinking I have to do the presciption usless someone has some guidance…

Ask your doctor to check your hormonal levels and see if he would be willing to write a compounding prescription specifically for your needs. Find a local compounding pharmacy to see if they may have some suggestions.

Dr. Christine Northrup has an excellent book on all the wonderful phases of menopause, natural or surgically induced, that covers natural remedies, HRT, compounding formularies and way to help deal with those lovely ๐Ÿ˜ฏ side effects we women have to cope with.

I will try that tomorrow, thanks a bunch for the advice!

Hello everyone. I’m just curious… what did the American Indian women and others of ancient civilizations do at that time of the evil month? How did they manage and what did they use? If we are complaining in this day and age can you imagine what they had to go through! Just a thought. (Can’t wait for menopause!!!)

Empress

I know in some cultures, they were quarantined in a “women’s” hut/tent etc. considered unclean etc. but they also had a great time in there hanging with their girlfriends. it’d be nice to have that week “off” each month.

Viewing 15 posts - 91 through 105 (of 123 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

American Preppers Network Forum