Welcome Ladies!

This topic contains 122 replies, has 27 voices, and was last updated by  Vina8 8 years ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 106 through 120 (of 123 total)
  • Author

Vina8

When my mother was a girl, they used washable “rags”, where “on the rag” comes from. In other cultures they have used any adsorbent material such as cattails, leather straps, etc. At the NC camp-out last weekend the subject came up among some of the women, and the consensus was to stock Diva cups. I am very happily beyond the need, but may stock a couple for family or friends who may end up joining us.

Tuesdaysgirl

Hello ladies, thought I would stop by and see what I can find…nothing to contribute at this time, always up for learning something new.

Boadicea71

Wow, lots of good info here. Looks like I was looking in the wrong area for the longest time. (Mainly on sites full of men). Wish I would have found you all a long time ago, but hey, better late then never.
    :clap:

Vina8

Boadicea71, that is one of the things I have appreciated about APN. We have a good number of knowledgeable women. It is a nice balance. I am not fond of forums that are predominantly one sex or the other.

IceFire

Welcome, Boadicea71! I know what you mean about the sites that are predominantly men! We have a LOT of ladies here who are experienced preppers. If you have any questions, just ask. We’ll be glad to help you out.

mycomama

I know I love this forum BECAUSE there are so many women here. I had to give up on one b/c there was just way to much testosterone , and any conversation ended up being a pi$$ing contest.

Great info gals. I learned a few new things today Thanks!

Vina8

When I first joined 1/1/10, it was here in the “Ladies Section” that I first felt at home and learned a lot. IceFire, MMPaints, Alaska Rose, Kymber (sadly, no longer visits APN), SciFiChick, Little Doc, and OkieB were my prepping heroes. This was my first forum, and the strong, irreverent, funny women here made it fun to be a prepper. There are a lot of newer women who have stepped up and continue making this a great forum for women (and men!)

mmpaints
    Participant

LOL, I’m still here but my sense of humor has taken a heck of a beating lately.

Empress

Has anyone heard form Kyber? I worry, last we heard from her she wasn’t doing well,(health things and neighbors, moving etc) but that was a long time ago. I understand “busy” or moving on to other life phases, but the mom in me is worried. I’d really like to know shes ok and happy at her new homestead. anyone??

IceFire

Haven’t heard from Kymber at all. She hasn’t been on CPN (our Canadian “sister” site) either. I’ve been worried about her for a while, but don’t know how to contact her.

8greenbeans

Chalk me up as another worried about her. She did a lot to make me feel welcome and I really appreciated it a lot.

mycomama

I never really talked to her much but what she had to say always made me laugh. I was kinda wondering about her too…..

mmpaints
    Participant

I had a phone number but it is no longer connected so I’m at a dead end.

PeachOnEarth

well, im a newbie as of this month and just read thru all 8 pages of posts before getting here… so saw the progression of the forum from beginning to present..LOL… chuckled alot, learned alot.. never HEARD of a DIVA!…glad i no longer have to use one!!!!… will visit here alot now 🙂

POE

IceFire

Welcome, Peach! Glad to have you aboard. If you have any questions, just ask.

Viewing 15 posts - 106 through 120 (of 123 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

American Preppers Network Forum