Welcome to the "big boys"!

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    RayMac1963
    Participant

Friends, I’m SO excited. My son just earned his Cub Scout “Arrow of light”. Its the ONLY BSA cub scout achievement that carries over and you get to have on you Boy scout uniform. You get it as you reach the level to transfer to a Boy Scout troop. There are a number of troops in the area and we went to several open house events and day camps to find a fit. But the reason i’m so excited is he selected the most organized and active troops in the area all on his own. I turned in his paperwork and his first meeting was yesterday.

Talk about active, the troop does a 3 day weekend camp out EVERY month. meet weekly, and have a training program that is designed to achieve first class in a year. 2 boys achieved Eagle last month and 5 more are on target for this summer. There is no better way for a boy to learn camping and survival skills, independence, responsibility, and honor. It will keep me busy with the weekly meetings, but i am now a proud BSA Troop 179 dad. 😆

OK, i’m done gushing. Sorry, but this is the only place where i interact anybody who will appreciate this… :blush:

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
American Preppers Network Forum