Well, we have the forum back.

Welcome to APN! Forums Start Here Preppers Of The Round Table Forum Announcements Well, we have the forum back.

This topic contains 29 replies, has 22 voices, and was last updated by  Calimom 1 week, 5 days ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 30 total)
  • Author

TRex2
    Participant

I am not too fond of the new format, but it is what it is, and I have noticed some improvements are still being made, from time to time.

It would be good to know if the wizards that run this are still trying to import all of the older posts, or are we basically starting anew?

Either way, I will stop by, hopefully, daily to add a post or two.

Considering that we pretty much lost the entire old format, this will have to be the one to go with. So we are adapting it to fit the same theme and look as the main blog.

We tried to salvage as many posts from the old forum as we could. It took considerable effort to get what we got so far. Not sure if we’ll be able to get the rest anytime soon. One of the reasons we are missing a lot of posts is we condensed the size of the forum down to make things easier to transition over. The old forum had way too many sub-forums. This one has about half as many.

Slowly getting it back to working order. We now have a template installed. I went with the same one that we use for the blog. We’re going to go ahead and make both the blog and forum look like the same site. If you find yourself on the blog by mistake and want back to the forum, just look for the “Forum” link in the upper left hand side of the menu, or upper right sidebar.

old_code
    Participant

Thanks for all of the work getting the Forum migrated to a new format.

It may be a bit of a brain workout to learn how to use it, but that’s life, eh? I think that my cobwebs could do with a bit of a shaking out!

TRex2
    Participant

I think a couple of us could write an intro article or two to let others know how to get along with this new format, if someone could figure out how to make it so visible that people who are having trouble would see those articles.

I am talking about something similar to a FAQ, but specialized for this forum.

Pedro wyoming
    Participant

How does one report inappropriate posts now? THe one immediately above this one is waaaay wrong.

pW

gracie09e
    Participant

I agree, what does that post have to do with prepping and why was it allowed?

gracie09e
    Participant

Very inappropriate.

TRex2
    Participant

The moderators are struggling with the spam issue.
    Not sure how we report it.

IceFire

I think only moderators can mark posts as spam. I marked the post and it is now gone. If I had a mechanism to ban the spammer, I would do that, but so far have not been able to do so. That particular poster ONLY posts inappropriate spam, And he needs to be banned, but at this point I am unable to do so. If you find a spam post, pleas PM me, and I will take care of it.

gracie09e
    Participant

Thank you IceFire, I appreciate it. 😊

ReadyMom

Got rid of 4 from the same poster, selling stuff, this morning 😖

Sandanfire
    Participant

I follow a few other forums across a range of topics and this format is pretty much the ‘new’ standard. I’m also reading about more and more forums coming under cyber attacks and dealing with spam. With the other social networks, such as Facebook and Twitter, buckling down against fake profiles and false/spam postings, spammers and hackers will shift to softer targets such as older forums and such.

Being in cyber security myself, I highly recommend working with your Internet service provider and the service provider of this site and blog to ensure you have the highest degree of protection possible against hacking. Change the passwords and lock down the admin accounts for the site. I also recommend increasing your number of moderators and forcing the approval of any new members to vet such requests. I ‘don’t’ recommend forcing the approval of new POST, though…..that becomes quickly unmanageable.

Peace!

J.

LeeLynn
    Participant

What in the heavens happened to the forum? I feel like I’m in another world here

Calimom
    Participant

Appreciate all the hard unpaid work hours that are going into the reboot of APN. Trying to navigate around and get back into things is challenging,but all things must change…

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 30 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Assign a menu in the Left Menu options.
Assign a menu in the Right Menu options.