West Virginia (only) Roll Call

This topic contains 46 replies, has 29 voices, and was last updated by  fren2ken 7 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 47 total)
  • Author

fren2ken

I’m between Charles Town and Inwood. It looks like we might be neighbors.

@defcon09 wrote:

What area of the eastern panhandle are you located in?

@fren2ken wrote:

Howdy from the Eastern Panhandle! I have been inactive on this site for too long. I am a long term Prepper … since before it had a label. we are working to top off our stocks and gain further independence from the grid here. I hope that we-all will be able to better network together. When TSHTF, we will need to be in closer contact to support each other. I am hopeful that this forum will assist with that.

Keep working it … time is getting shorter.

Defcon09
    Participant

Yes we are. Need to eyeball each other this spring. Thanks.

@fren2ken wrote:

I’m between Charles Town and Inwood. It looks like we might be neighbors.

@defcon09 wrote:

@fren2ken wrote:

Howdy from the Eastern Panhandle! I have been inactive on this site for too long. I am a long term Prepper … since before it had a label. we are working to top off our stocks and gain further independence from the grid here. I hope that we-all will be able to better network together. When TSHTF, we will need to be in closer contact to support each other. I am hopeful that this forum will assist with that.

fren2ken

Works for me. Make it before the end of March though.

@defcon09 wrote:

Yes we are. Need to eyeball each other this spring. Thanks.

@fren2ken wrote:

[/quote][/quote]

Reliance45

@defcon09 wrote:

@fren2ken wrote:

Seeing the news, it does seem as if the economy is getting rapidly worse both here and overseas.
    I noticed that you recently wrote in one of your posts that you lived between Charles Town and Inwood. That’s right down the road from where we are, about ten miles west of Hedgesville. We’re off of 9 a couple of miles, so somewhat off the beaten track.
    I’m ex-military (Marine retired) and have been prepping seriously only for about three years, although we’ve always tried to have some measure of self-sufficiency. Always had a generator, for example, and always have enough food for a month. Have always reloaded, it seems (maybe 15 years), etc. But only since the Obamination appeared did I really get serious about food storage and other preps. I’ve put a hand pump down the well casing, stored a lot more food and other goods (two-way radios, etc.). Have put in a minimal solar capability to keep a small freezer going, in addition to other food storage.
    Anyway, I noted that you weren’t that far away, and thought maybe we could communicate privately.
    I haven’t actually spoken to another prepper. Hard to believe, I guess. Just been doing it on my own. Good to hear there’s someone else with the same interests not so far away.
    Take care.

fren2ken

Yup. You did not misread my post. I am there. I have also been trying to be discrete. This is the only place that I have contact with the larger clan of Preppers, outside my own small and diverse group.

Reference your hand pump …. I wish I cold use one. I draw fresh water from 300′ depth. A generator is necessary to power the pump for potable water. The good news is that since it is so deep, the chance of it being contaminated is vanishingly small. I keep adding to my rain collecting tank farm for non-potable water. If necessary, I can filter and purify to make it potable.

Defcon09
    Participant

Hi Fren….. Reli….

Looks like you an I are neighbors, me here in Berkeley Springs. Are you near River Road or the elementary school? Maybe we know each other or you know some of my inlaws. We’ll chat about that later.

Agree with your comments

@reliance45 wrote:

@defcon09 wrote:

@fren2ken wrote:

Seeing the news, it does seem as if the economy is getting rapidly worse both here and overseas.
    I noticed that you recently wrote in one of your posts that you lived between Charles Town and Inwood. That’s right down the road from where we are, about ten miles west of Hedgesville. We’re off of 9 a couple of miles, so somewhat off the beaten track.
    I’m ex-military (Marine retired) and have been prepping seriously only for about three years, although we’ve always tried to have some measure of self-sufficiency. Always had a generator, for example, and always have enough food for a month. Have always reloaded, it seems (maybe 15 years), etc. But only since the Obamination appeared did I really get serious about food storage and other preps. I’ve put a hand pump down the well casing, stored a lot more food and other goods (two-way radios, etc.). Have put in a minimal solar capability to keep a small freezer going, in addition to other food storage.
    Anyway, I noted that you weren’t that far away, and thought maybe we could communicate privately.
    I haven’t actually spoken to another prepper. Hard to believe, I guess. Just been doing it on my own. Good to hear there’s someone else with the same interests not so far away.
    Take care.

Reliance45

Defcon,
    Definitely know the elementary school and River Road.
    R45

B Ready

Hey everyone , new to this site but not new to prepping.
    I’m an outdoorsman and a backpacker. I’m looking to learn new tricks and possibly teach some to others .
    Hoping to meet some new people close to me to backpack with or just discuss topics about prepping. I live out in the boonies in mason county. Hope to hear from you;)

Ayla_me

Hi There,
    I am new, both to this site, and also to WV. I am living in an apartment in Huntingon, now. Although my space is limited, I do have as many canned goods as I can handler, and many bottles of water. I wish I had more. I am a widow on SSD, but I am trying to get off of that by attending MCTC part time. I am beginning a Bible Time in my home, for Praise, Worship, study of the Word, and fellowship. (Also, since it is on Friday afternoons, I plan on praying a “binding Spirit” over the “powers and principalities of the air”.) I watch Beck, and try to read many different news sources. Quite frankly, I wish I lived on a farm. I am also very scared. I feel very frightened and alone…but I know that God is with me. (I just kinda wish I had a strong man’s arms to go around me and calm me down and whisper, “It’ll be okay. I will take care of you.” Ya know?) Oh well….I am very glad I found this forum. I hope to meet nice people andmaybe future friends, 😀

Defcon09
    Participant

@ayla_me wrote:

Hi There,
    I am new, both to this site, and also to WV. I am living in an apartment in Huntingon, now. Although my space is limited, I do have as many canned goods as I can handler, and many bottles of water. I wish I had more. I am a widow on SSD, but I am trying to get off of that by attending MCTC part time. I am beginning a Bible Time in my home, for Praise, Worship, study of the Word, and fellowship. (Also, since it is on Friday afternoons, I plan on praying a “binding Spirit” over the “powers and principalities of the air”.) I watch Beck, and try to read many different news sources. Quite frankly, I wish I lived on a farm. I am also very scared. I feel very frightened and alone…but I know that God is with me. (I just kinda wish I had a strong man’s arms to go around me and calm me down and whisper, “It’ll be okay. I will take care of you.” Ya know?) Oh well….I am very glad I found this forum. I hope to meet nice people andmaybe future friends, 😀

Welcome B Ready and Ayla. Too bad you are so far away from us here in the eastern pandhandle but nevertheless needed members of the WV preppers group. Say a prayer for all of us and good luck.

B Ready

Thanks defcon .. Anyone around or near the mason county/ Huntington area?

fren2ken

@B Ready wrote:

Thanks defcon .. Anyone around or near the mason county/ Huntington area?

I’m not in your neck of the woods but, I will add my welcome to Defcon’s. APN is a good forum for you to get valuable info on. I hope you will take advantage of it and join in on the conversations.

B Ready

Thanks frank.. I live on a farm.. Have a well with a solar pump setup..not enough food but working on it..plenty of guns n ammo.. Know how to hunt trap and make clothes out of skins.. But wanting to learn how to reload and other skills . Wish there was someone around my area.

scjbob

Hello all. New member here, but not new to prepping. We live in E. PA at the moment but we have a 60 acre retreat in Ritchie county where we have been prepping for 2 years now. Would like to see if there are any others in the general area. We plan on moving there permanently in about 2 years unless the Schumer hits the fan beforehand.

Defcon09
    Participant

I’ve got an idea, maybe others have thought of this.

Since the eastern panhandle of WV is close geographically to MD, PA, and VA, lets hold a swap meet, items we would like to trade, sell or barter for. I am sure we all have at least one item that could be classed as surplus!?

I’m thinking the following counties (but not limited to):
    VA: Frederick and Clark Cty.
    WV: Jefferson, Berkeley, Morgan & Hampshire
    MD: Frederick, Washington & Allegheny
    PA: Franklin, Fulton & Bedford

I am sure there are a couple items that we have duplicates of that might be traded for something that is wanted for our BOB’s. Hachets, knives, cords, compasses, maps, ammo, firearms accs, bags/backs, jackets/rain gear, flash lights, binoculars, water filters, radios, etc. a whole store load of stuff. Now, I would not recommend guns/firearms at the swap but maybe a sign “For Sale” would be okay.

There is probably not some APN members in all these counties, but………….we are no doubt members of other prepper forums that we can get the word out through and “email buddies”. Location could be near me, I think I can arrange lots of space, outdoors. Maybe sometime in April, if no event takes place in March…..what do ya think?

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 47 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

American Preppers Network Forum