Western PA Preppers out there?

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    PA Jes

Hi. I’m starting a new thread because prior posts about this seem to have gone stale.

I live north of Pittsburgh. I’m hoping to find others with whom I can network. If you are out there, please reply and perhaps we can build a support system for each other…. sharing knowledge, skills, etc. Maybe have a meet up as well.

I’ll take the first plunge and give a little info about myself. I’m a physician assistant and have been learning medicine in austere environments. I also have some tactical firearms training, wilderness nav and survival courses, etc. I’m an avid hiker in extreme environments, so I enjoy practicing my skills. I’m a single mother of a 7 year old boy who just shot his first .22 rifle on Thanksgiving. I live in suburbia, I’ve been prepping for about 6 years, and I am looking for a “camp” which can double as a retreat locale.

Most colleagues and friends think I learn these skills primarily because of my hikes, but I keep the prepping side on the “down low.” I’m hoping to find others who are like minded. I am a firm believer that it takes a village to survive successfully… I just gotta find the right village. 🙂

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
American Preppers Network Forum