What would you do first?

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    dwreese7

Hi,

Guys I am trying to prepare for the tribulation period before the second coming of Christ.
    Do you guys think it would be better to install a woodstove in your suburb home? or save and buy a rural hidden plot of land and put a large shed with a woodstove and convert to a bugout shelter or a second home? My home is on the very last street of the city before you get on the highway or enter rural areas. There is a natural lake one street away. I have a year supply of food storage, weapons etc.. and 0.6 acres to garden on with chickens etc. So for not being in a rural area I would say I’m in the best location otherwise. Please let me know your thoughts. So far this is what I got.

Woodstove in suburb
    PROS:
    cheap heating bill
    Cooking source
    comfort knowing this is the last core piece of my suburb preps
    I can get experience using a woodstove and cooking on it now
    I could always transfer woodstove to plot of land if I later save up enough
    CONS:
    dangerous location, unable to hide and would have to fight any an all city raiders/gangs if that becomes a reality. constant high alert. Also right next the highway so first stop for the golden hoard.
    High maintenance ( labor of finding/cutting wood, loading stove and cleaning chimney)
    wasting money(6k for stove and install) because I already have a heat pump and propane gas logs
    I would have to get rid of gas logs to put wood stove up chimney.
    always a possibility of a house fire and home insurance goes up

Separate bugout location
    PROS:
    safest location/concealment
    comfort knowing I am as prepared as I can be
    I can always sell the property down the road
    I could use for hunting now and when SHTF and 4wheeler and pass down to generations
    CONS:
    $$$$ lots of money which probably would not produce any money owning this property other than leasing to hunters which may pay property taxes or maybe doing airbnb if I buy land with a house
    the fear that I am just crazy and this may be a waste of time and money(at least I can eat my food storage) if nothing ever happens, could of used money for other fun or important things for my family
    I will not be living there so unable to protect from robbers or meth monkeys
    Time it takes to save the money (looking at 5 years minimum)

another possibility I thought of was putting a secret underground basement in my yard with a large shed on top of it with a secret entrance.
    PROS:
    close bugout location, easy to prepare
    CONS:
    if I put a woodstove in wouldn’t people quickly trace the smoke to the shed and find the secret entrance? Solar panels?
    don’t you legally have to have windows or a separate entrance to exterior? So this would make this pointless as it would be easy to find
    again lots of gang/traffic due to suburb location
    adds $0.00 to resale of my home if I ever do sell, wasting money

thanks ahead of time and I apologize for sounding insane 😉

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
American Preppers Network Forum