Where are the Missouri preppers?

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 171 total)
  • Author
    stormvet1965

We are doing our part…getting ready to buy 15 acres in Warren County. Going to be raising and growing our own food.

MrAdam

Hello. I just joined APN. I live in eastern missouri and have been prepping for a few years. I look forward to learning from you all, and sharing what I can.

Thanks,
    MrAdam

Danny62

Welcome, Western side

junkman6970

We live in sikeston missouri

GreasyDugan

@maddog wrote:

maddog here sw mo barry county

Down near ya in Green county, but i gre up on the barry/stone line.

Connor

Central Missouri here….

Kingdom of Callaway!!!!!

http://smallhold-pioneerpreppy.blogspot.com

Irish1961

New to the form, live just north of Cape on our farm. Been “preppers” for a few years now but can always learn and perpper more. :thumbsup:

Danny62

Hi Irish Welcome aborad westcenter

MrAdam

We are located near Pevely, a bit south of St. Louis.

If any of you in the area are looking for some CERT emergency training in the Jefferson County area, Herculaneum Fire Dept is sponsoring a weekend Oct 22. Some of the training is pretty basic, but the hands on parts are very good. Also, the extra documentation would be helpful in a SHTF situation. And best of all, it’s FREE.

General CERT information: http://www.citizencorps.gov/cert/
    Herculaneum Fire Dept CERT site:http://www.herculaneumfire.com/cert.htm

If anyone has any Q’s about CERT let me know.

MrAdam

mcwoodlands

I’m in east central MO.
    Contact direct through some type of encrypted email (Hushmail or eq.), or set a meet up in central location to meet.

oldasrocks

Guess I’m gong to have to find a map of Missouri and plot everyone on it. WE can met up at the Lake of the Ozarks and pirate a cabin cruiser to SIP on.

GertyGoose

Sounds good Oldasrocks… Seems like we have the whole state covered. …How is everyone doing? So I have some questions:
    What are you doing to get ahead in your preps and/or what are you doing to get ready for winter?
    Personally I have gotten the garden cleaned up and re tilled, stocking basics. Beans, rice …that kinda stuff need to get water ahead and a few more things. DH still not on board all the way and family just lol at me oh well… I sing Lil Red Hen :unsure: to them all the time LOL 😀
    Ps Does anyone know where I can get wheat locally or close? Im in SW MO Thanks for any info

Blessings
    GG

amresamada

MO Prepper just moving to Taney county, believer, retired marines.

oldasrocks

Gerty, Why do you want wheat? I just store flour. Freeze the flour in original sack for 30 days at 0 F and then transfer to 5 gallon buckets. I buy used clean buckets for $1. at the local bakery. I recently opened some dated 03 and its still in fine shape. Yes I also own a grain grinder that I bought at a thrift for $20. new and complete.

We’re in Lebanon if anyone is curious.

oldasrocks

Gerty, to answer your other question. We are doing our normal fall stuff too. The garden is winding down, everything is canned inc green pepper jelly. We’ve been inventoring stuff. I had both 500 gallon propane tanks filled-enough for 2 yr normal use. I do need to finish rotating the gas tanks and refill.

I found a good source for used food grade 50 gallon barrels for $15. each if anyone needs some. They had cotton seed oil in them and are a bugger to clean out though. Great for all the extra blankets, toilet paper and other dry goods.

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 171 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
American Preppers Network Forum