Where There is No Dentist

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  AuntBee 5 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author

AuntBee

Where There is No Dentist by Murray Dickson

I just got this book and was pleasantly surprised. The book goes through just about every dental procedure there is (except root canal), is written very clearly with line drawing illustrations. It has natural alternatives for toothbrushes and floss, instructions on how to take care of your teeth, and a section on how to make several basic tools from common items that you have on hand or can forage. At the end of the book is a list of core tools, what they’re called and what they do.

There is also a section on working with HIV+ people and people with other highly infectious diseases, with detailed instructions on sterilizing instruments, recipe for making disinfectant, and the personal safety of the emergency dentist.

The book is also geared towards teaching others basic oral hygiene and dentistry, so sometimes the tone of the writing sounds a lot like my fourth grade teacher and I found myself wanting to sit up straight, but that’s one of the few things about the book that I wasn’t fond of.

sample page
    http://www.meddlingspinster.com/dentist.pdf

There are other books in this series that I’m going to check out, too.
    Aunt Bee

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

American Preppers Network Forum