• Advertisement

strange booms

Latest Disaster Information from Across the Country

Moderator: North Idaho Patriot

Re: strange booms

Postby mickyfb » Wed Dec 12, 2012 7:07 am

I heard them on Tuesday, December 4th around 4:30 pm as did many people around the Valley. It was two sets of three booms. Last I had heard, these had been heard from Camp Verde Az all the way to Flagstaff Az and everywhere in between. It is about 50 miles from the south end of the Valley to Flagstaff and about 5000ft change in elevation. None of the local law enforcement agencies have an answer as to what it was. I have heard explosions before having spent two years in Iraq, and I have a hard time imagining the size of an explosion that could shake windows for such a long distance.
P!
mickyfb
Arizona Preppers Network
Arizona Preppers Network

Postby PatrioticStabilist » Wed Dec 12, 2012 2:55 pm

Nothing here but we have the black helos go over sometimes. Not to far away from the huge airport here and north of us is a guard base. One day one was flying down the interstate toward me, never seen that before or since and that sure puts the fear of God in one. Ours go over at night and also the big propellor driven airplanes. Man do the 2 of them make a racket, shakes the house sometimes.

But no other booms other then some kid now and then wrecking out here and running into a tree.
PatrioticStabilist

Postby lazarusgirl » Wed Dec 12, 2012 7:48 pm

I am so happy to have found this website. I live in Albany, NY and heard an extremely loud boom the other day. I wish that i had written down what the date was, it was within the past week and a half, and it occurred between 9-11:30 AM. I was sleeping very soundly when all of a sudden, i heard a supersonic noise. It did not sound like thunder, it sounded like a bomb going off. My window, which is pretty thin, rattled very hard and I awoke really fast. My first thought was literally "terror attack". I looked out the window and there was nothing, no rain and nothing unusual. No one else mentioned it, I thought i was the only person who heard it. This is really freaking me out now. Now that i have read some articles about this happening in other areas... I really want answers.
lazarusgirl

Postby arkieready » Wed Dec 12, 2012 9:33 pm

A couple weeks ago we heard booms, but around here.. hard to say what. Power plant makes weird noises sometimes. Folks down in,the hollars make acetylene / balloon b***s for fun. Maybe really big, big guns. (didn't sound like that really). Flat boom, no reverb, almost felt as my h as heard. Ds heard for several days before I was home to hear.
P!
arkieready
Arkansas Preppers Network
Arkansas Preppers Network

Postby bane5150 » Wed Dec 12, 2012 9:49 pm

mickyfb wrote:I heard them on Tuesday, December 4th around 4:30 pm as did many people around the Valley. It was two sets of three booms. Last I had heard, these had been heard from Camp Verde Az all the way to Flagstaff Az and everywhere in between. It is about 50 miles from the south end of the Valley to Flagstaff and about 5000ft change in elevation. None of the local law enforcement agencies have an answer as to what it was. I have heard explosions before having spent two years in Iraq, and I have a hard time imagining the size of an explosion that could shake windows for such a long distance.

I heard it from inside the house, didn't know what to make of it...Sounded kinda like sonic booms you get from the space shuttle. My windows didn't seem to shake :? Both dogs went and hid under the bed, they didn't bark at all not sure why on that either very strange. My cat didn't show up till hours later which is also unusual.
Vincit Qui Patitur (He who endures conquers)
“It is not the strongest or the most intelligent who will survive but those who can best manage change.” ― Charles Darwin

P!
No, you may not quote me for any book, or use any of my posts on this topic or any other for any reason without my express written permission.
bane5150
Arizona Preppers Network
Arizona Preppers Network

Postby msdeltamom » Wed Dec 12, 2012 9:58 pm

I had a friend who heard one of these loud booms (as did others where she lives) a week or so ago. She lives in the Mississippi Delta.
msdeltamom

Postby TaffyJ » Wed Dec 12, 2012 10:33 pm

The planet burping as things start to line up for the 21st?

WAG, I know, and I'm half joking with that, but what other explanation is there?
Shrug
TaffyJ
Louisiana Preppers Network
Louisiana Preppers Network

Postby catfishpkt » Wed Dec 12, 2012 11:35 pm

Read on the Texas Storm Chaser facebook thread that some people heard a boom right before experiencing ground tremmers in the Ft Worth area today. Don't think an earthquake has been confirmed yet.
catfishpkt

Postby Gallimaufry » Sun Dec 16, 2012 12:51 am

lazarusgirl wrote:I live in Albany, NY and heard an extremely loud boom the other day. I wish that i had written down what the date was, it was within the past week and a half, and it occurred between 9-11:30 AM. I was sleeping very soundly when all of a sudden, i heard a supersonic noise. It did not sound like thunder, it sounded like a bomb going off.

I'm just north of Albany and for the first time today heard that strange boom, too. I can't believe these aren't being mentioned on the local news at all. I know I'm not the only one who heard it because the folks next door came running out of their house, and my cat spent the next few hours hiding under the bed. What gives? Has anyone learned anything more about it?

I thought fracking was a likely answer, but this was Saturday afternoon.

M.
Gallimaufry
New York Preppers Network
New York Preppers Network

Postby WyoDutch » Sun Dec 16, 2012 7:02 am

Must be a midwestern phenomenon. I've seen nor heard anything like that in this area, Course, there is no fracking going on here either... as some have postulated might be the cause.
You know times are bad in America when GW Bush's presidency starts looking good..
WyoDutch
Wyoming Preppers Network
Wyoming Preppers Network

Postby dadoftwins08 » Sun Dec 16, 2012 8:36 am

no boom or tremmors here in ri that im aware of
dadoftwins08
Rhode Island Preppers Network
Rhode Island Preppers Network

Postby catwomanwise » Mon Dec 17, 2012 11:10 pm

Nothing here the lowest part of Michigan. I and a few others have heard a weird humming sound, mostly late at night or very early in the morning.
catwomanwise

Previous

Return to National Disaster Alert