• Advertisement

Severe cold front hitting the USA

Latest Disaster Information from Across the Country

Moderator: North Idaho Patriot

Re: Severe cold front hitting the USA

Postby Mountain mama » Sun Jan 08, 2017 9:42 pm

My hubby told me they are calling for 2 degrees tonight back home. Stay warm Va!
Mountain mama

Postby Cast Iron » Mon Jan 09, 2017 2:54 pm

Was one degree this morning.

Real problem was it was single digits all night long, not just the pre-dawn hours.

Granted a lot of folks freak out about this kind of thing, but one can survive it with only minor discomfort.

Requires some degree of intestinal fortitude.
Beware of the guy with only one Cast Iron pan . . . he likely knows how to use it.
Cast Iron

Postby woodsstalker » Wed Mar 15, 2017 11:38 am

Well, this blizzard will give our Yankee peppers an opportunity to use their survival skills. I surely hope they were prepping for a natural disaster like this along with the preps for that asteroid.

Be interesting to read some of their reports when this is all over. See what they learned and any advice they care to share.

As for global warming - bunch of bs the liberals have fallen for. Instead, how about global change? This old earth is constantly changing, remolding, shifting. Every year the magnetic north shifts a few degrees. We are only now feeling the effects of that change. So, the question is, can we as humans, adjust to the changes?
If the grass on the other side of the mountain is starting to look greener maybe it's time you fertilized your own grass.

Blessed be the Lord, my strength, which teacheth my hands to war and my fingers to fight- Psalm 144:1
woodsstalker

Postby Photon Guy » Wed Mar 15, 2017 8:20 pm

Cast Iron wrote:
oldasrocks wrote:Walking in snowshoes makes you feel saddle sore. I am roughing it. Put snow tires on my golf cart to get around.

That is just cheating.

:floppytongue:

Its not cheating its called being smart and resourceful, which is much of what prepping is all about.
Photon Guy

Postby Cast Iron » Thu Mar 16, 2017 7:37 am

Photon Guy wrote:
Cast Iron wrote:
oldasrocks wrote:Walking in snowshoes makes you feel saddle sore. I am roughing it. Put snow tires on my golf cart to get around.

That is just cheating.

:floppytongue:

Its not cheating its called being smart and resourceful, which is much of what prepping is all about.

Snow tires on a golf cart is being smart and resourceful?

My neighbor has one of those "all terrain" golf carts. Large, knobby tires, four wheel drive.
Unless he cleared his drive, using his Kobota tractor with the PTO snowblower, that golf cart is not going anywhere.
Even less so where I am going in snowshoes.
Snow tires or no.
Beware of the guy with only one Cast Iron pan . . . he likely knows how to use it.
Cast Iron

Postby anita » Thu Mar 16, 2017 9:03 pm

St. Patrick's Day is when I plant peas and take down the snow plow stakes! Darn that global warming!
anita

Postby romfor10 » Sun Jun 04, 2017 5:49 am

I should put my heavy curtains up in the living dining/room.
romfor10

Postby rebnavy1862 » Sun Jun 04, 2017 8:00 am

Huh?
"Then call us Rebels if you will, we glory in the name, for bending under unjust laws and swearing faith to an unjust cause, we count as greater shame". Richmond Daily Dispatch May 12 1862

Semper Fi, Sic Semper Tyrannis, Remember The Alamo, and Aide'toi et Dieu T'aidera!
rebnavy1862
Virginia Preppers Network
Virginia Preppers Network

Postby Illini Warrior » Sun Jun 04, 2017 8:56 am

I was ?????? also - though Al Gore had joined the site and was predicting a global warming event for June .....
Illini Warrior
Illini Warrior

Previous

Return to National Disaster Alert