• Advertisement

Join Your States Prepper Network. Click Here

Travel Industry

Latest Disaster Information from Across the Country

Moderator: North Idaho Patriot

Travel Industry

Postby prepdoc » Fri Oct 17, 2014 6:23 am

They will be hit hard soon in my opinion if things keeps heading in the direction that they are. No one wants to get on a plane. I personally think they should have heat sensors at the airports in general and if you have a fever you shouldn't fly. I HATE sitting next to someone coughing up a lung on the plane. Wether you have bronchitis, the flu or ebola I don't want any of it.

I also think the amount of Ebola in the US will be minimal but the political and economic consequences could be huge.

More ammo for prepping not tyvek suits, just sayin'
prepdoc

Re: Travel Industry

Postby anita » Fri Oct 17, 2014 7:35 am

A health care worker who had handled a specimen of Duncan's has self-quarantined on a cruise ship.

http://www.nbc12.com/story/26810282/us- ... ruise-ship

This could get ugly fast. Even if she doesn't spread the disease, this story will have a dampening effect on travel.
In honor of RebNavy: "Then call us Rebels if you will, we glory in the name, for bending under unjust laws and swearing faith to an unjust cause, we count as greater shame". Richmond Daily Dispatch May 12 1862

Semper Fi, Sic Semper Tyrannis, Remember The Alamo, and Aide'toi et Dieu T'aidera!
anita

Postby ARDon » Fri Oct 17, 2014 8:14 am

lack of irresponsibility by health workers whom handle Ebola patients. Stupid mistakes. These people go to school and are highly educated in the medical field Any logical person whom dealt with infectious disease patient normally wouldn't put others at risk. These inconsiderate idiots should be prosecuted like this nurse whom travel all because of her pre-wedding plans. Now others are possibility at risk. Stupid healthcare workers will be the cause of this spreading. Boy! my wife was right on this.
ARDon

Postby anita » Fri Oct 17, 2014 8:19 am

I think leadership, or lack thereof, is a big part of the problem. When we have the head of the CDC, the president, etc., all saying this isn't a big deal, it won't come here, if it does it will be contained, etc., why would anyone else think differently--unless, of course, you don't trust them as far as you could throw them.
In honor of RebNavy: "Then call us Rebels if you will, we glory in the name, for bending under unjust laws and swearing faith to an unjust cause, we count as greater shame". Richmond Daily Dispatch May 12 1862

Semper Fi, Sic Semper Tyrannis, Remember The Alamo, and Aide'toi et Dieu T'aidera!
anita

Postby ARDon » Fri Oct 17, 2014 8:45 am

Anita your correct leadership is a huge problem, no one has NO idea what they are doing.They mixed politic into a crisis. But another problem is stupid people will cause this to spread through out this country. 2 out of 3 medical staff members made bad choices and put many at possible risk. Even though they done their job & I applaud them for it, but 2 of them made horrible decisions on travel, when in the right mind "they" should of stayed put for the allotted time 2 to 21 days for safety of themselves & others before they traveled. Trips are canceled all the time by normal people whom are sick or untimely event happen. These trips should of been cancel out of the consideration of the safety for others. This issue with Ebola & these 2 medical staff members should of though of this. Their trained professionals and a risk like this could be catastrophic to this country.
ARDon

Postby donba » Fri Oct 17, 2014 5:16 pm

Our son and his wife, have a by-coastal marriage. This means lots of flying between N.J. and S. Cal. This all came to a halt, when Dallas made the news. She was planning on being out here for Thanksgiving, they would be in N.J. for Christmas. Neither one of them wants to get on a plane until this is all resolved. Then agin we won't have to baby-sit his dog over Christmas......
donba

Postby angie_nrs » Fri Oct 17, 2014 6:04 pm

DH and I talked about this last night. We typically like to get outta dodge in January or February and we 'were' talking about going to St. Martin this year. Uh, that won't be happening now. :( Plus, I just heard St. Martin got hit with a hurricane. It's usually about this time of year I get online and start looking for deals. I guess I can use that time and money for other (more practical) things now. Boy, are we gonna be grumpy this winter. :crazy: Oh well, guess it's better than being DEAD. I'm sure we're not the only ones thinking along these lines....that the risk is just not worth it. So, yup, I think the travel industry is gonna suffer.
angie_nrs

Postby MoeRN » Fri Oct 17, 2014 6:16 pm

ARDon wrote:Anita your correct leadership is a huge problem, no one has NO idea what they are doing.They mixed politic into a crisis. But another problem is stupid people will cause this to spread through out this country. 2 out of 3 medical staff members made bad choices and put many at possible risk. Even though they done their job & I applaud them for it, but 2 of them made horrible decisions on travel, when in the right mind "they" should of stayed put for the allotted time 2 to 21 days for safety of themselves & others before they traveled. Trips are canceled all the time by normal people whom are sick or untimely event happen. These trips should of been cancel out of the consideration of the safety for others. This issue with Ebola & these 2 medical staff members should of though of this. Their trained professionals and a risk like this could be catastrophic to this country.

I totally agree. They knew better than to travel in any way. If I ever care for an ebola patient, I will not being leaving for anywhere and may not even go home until 21 days are up.

We aren't big travelers and weren't planning any trips until spring. May have to wait and see before we book any hotel deals.
Mom of 3 beautiful boys
Married to high school sweetheart for 10 years
RN (7 years experience) currently working in heart and vascular intensive care unit
P+

"God grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change; courage to change the things I can; and wisdom to know the difference."
MoeRN
Ohio Preppers Network
Ohio Preppers Network

Postby JC1 » Fri Oct 17, 2014 7:29 pm

In defense of the nurse, it's my understand that she talked with the CDC, told them of her concerns and they basically told her she was over reacting and there was no reason for her to not travel, and she trusted their "expert" opinion.

Angie, you won't be alone in the stay at home grouchiness, I'll be right there with you. That's okay who would want to play on a nice warm sunny beach when all of there friends are busy shoveling snow anyway (other than me) :evil:

I agree the travel industry will suffer.
Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government
take care of him better take a closer look at the American Indian. Henry Ford
JC1

Postby anita » Fri Oct 17, 2014 7:42 pm

I think you have to place the blame at the top, in this case the CDC people, who minimized the danger/risk of ebola. These nurses/lab tech followed the procedures/protocol they were given. They were not told they couldn't travel, etc. Would it have been prudent not to travel after having dealt with an ebola patient? In hindsight, absolutely! But they were told, repeatedly, that ebola wouldn't be a problem here, and they followed protocol.

I do think Vincen should have had the smarts to not travel when she developed a fever, knowing what had happened to Pham and that she had symptoms.

anita

Postby ARDon » Sat Oct 18, 2014 6:09 am

even though CDC told these 2 staff members it was ok, just self monitor is ridiculous. What bothers me about this is CDC was sending mixed messages, you cant get Ebola but only through bodly fluid, then it was mention well it can be airborne with in 1 meter, then its OK to travel as long as you have no fever, then the last nursr had a fever and they still said it was OK because it didnt hit a certain temp. The news has been talking about how unconsistent the CDC is on their breifings. Right their in any healthcare worker (my wife mention this) would be a red flag for any staff to be in the public. These 2 staff members are educated & continue in education in their profession, plus in their right mind after caring for a patient with Ebola, and the other lab tech handle such dangerous materials would of put themselves in involuntarily quarantine or the hosiptal should have just for precautions. The other things and is the most dangerous part about this crisis is.......the Obama Administartion is tell CDC what to say, the American people have a right to know whats going on about this crisis. We deserve to know the truth how bad this crisis is or going to be so we can prepare for ourselves. But they mix politics into this to save their parties faith, this is dangerous.
ARDon

Postby ohiofarmer » Sat Oct 18, 2014 6:35 am

Amen Brother Ardon - 6 years of treating us like mushrooms isn't working anymore. Well maybe for the sheep it is. The Odrama clan has done everything to wreck this country. I quess they figure bring the deadly virus in to see if that works. MHO, Farmer
ohiofarmer
Ohio Preppers Network
Ohio Preppers Network

Postby Northern Freeman » Sat Oct 18, 2014 8:28 am

ARDon wrote:lack of irresponsibility by health workers whom handle Ebola patients. Stupid mistakes. These people go to school and are highly educated in the medical field Any logical person whom dealt with infectious disease patient normally wouldn't put others at risk. These inconsiderate idiots should be prosecuted like this nurse whom travel all because of her pre-wedding plans. Now others are possibility at risk. Stupid healthcare workers will be the cause of this spreading. Boy! my wife was right on this.

Highly educated has nothing to do with being responsible and having any common sense. Just look at the Doctor that broke self quarantine in New Jersey. http://www.nydailynews.com/news/nationa ... -1.1972199 "The whole crew is under mandatory quarantine thanks to her lack of self control."
“The Constitution only gives people the right to ‘pursue’ happiness. You have to catch it yourself!” ~ Benjamin Franklin
Ol’ Ben Franklin put it best when he said, “By failing to prepare, you are preparing to fail.”
Northern Freeman
Minnesota Preppers Network
Minnesota Preppers Network

Postby ColoradoPrepper » Sat Oct 18, 2014 11:32 am

If companies do not voluntarily drop routes to and from Africa then they deserve to fail for making a poor business decision. None of these companies need our government to tell them to do what they know they should be doing anyway.

Why risk being known as the airline that transported an Ebola patient? It is practically like begging for your business to go under. How dumb can you be as a businessman to let that happen and to openly invite that kind of worldwide negative press?
ColoradoPrepper

Postby evansbenjie » Thu Nov 20, 2014 12:13 am

Pity are the crews of airline as their lives may put in danger especially those who are having route to countries wherein ebola virus has been spreading already. On the other hand are you not aware guys that maybe that kind of virus appears due to very big sins made by human to the mother earth.

Next

Return to National Disaster Alert