• Advertisement

Russia: **** ALERT ****

Latest Disaster Information from Across the Country

Moderator: North Idaho Patriot

Re: Russia: **** ALERT ****

Postby dmwalsh568 » Sun Oct 16, 2016 3:48 pm

Traditional emp attack planning just involves a satellite with a nuke in it. When the satellite is over the target region the enemy sets it off and instant chaos. No need for icbm involvement with the possibility of interception by defenses...

Everybody have their spare electronics stored away? I do...
dmwalsh568

Postby daaswampman » Sun Oct 16, 2016 4:42 pm

Has a large or small scale electromagnetic pulse (EMP) weapon ever been used in an actual conflict?

John Burgess, Former US Foreign Service Officer who's been around the block (and the world)...
Written Jul 1, 2014

No battlefield use of such a device have been reported. It appears to still be under testing.

https://www.quora.com/Has-a-large-or-sm ... l-conflict

Right now EMP is all the rage in fiction and fear mongering, but the reality is something else. There are several ways to produce the effect and none of them has been proven or used in conflict. I am not saying it could not happen and it might be better than a conventional nuclear war. Swamp
People rarely notice what it right in front of their eyes. The Da Vinci Code
daaswampman
Louisiana Preppers Network

Postby oldasrocks » Sun Oct 16, 2016 5:16 pm

farmer_dude48 wrote:If we get hit with a EMP Russia won't have to wipe us out sadly we will do it to ourselves :shakeno:

That's what ReneryLee2 said.
oldasrocks
Missouri Preppers Network

Postby PatrioticStabilist » Sun Oct 16, 2016 5:58 pm

Read One Second After
and One Year After by Forstchen

It's absolutely frightening and probably more realistic then most.
PatrioticStabilist

Postby Defcon09 » Sun Oct 16, 2016 6:34 pm

Hmmmm. Let's see. An emp might knock out 75% of the autos on the road, including 18 wheelers and other transport vehicles. Probably 25% of those would cause serious accidents. Can you imagine the entire closures of hwys like I-5 thru California, I-495/695 around the US capital and Baltimore? I-35 thru TX and Dallas? Bridges not working. And the list goes on.

How many ships would be wiped out. Railroad and airplanes? Radio and TV stations? Do we really think the enemy would be able or wanting to take over the task of cleaning up the country they just destroyed? Sounds a bit insane to me.
Defcon09

Postby daaswampman » Sun Oct 16, 2016 7:03 pm

That is exactly why Russia and China are not nuclear threats unless we start it. Don't get misled by the dog and pony shows of politics. The real power is business and they don't want anything more than conventional conflicts, that is where the money is. Raghead terrorists or crazies like Jong might pull something local off, but that is about it.

Russia is in the Middle East for the same reason we are and that is power and profit. As long as the locals are killing each other over dead prophets, we will continue to bleed them dry. Peace is not very profitable and leads to overpopulation! WAR is a green thing - sort of. Swamp
daaswampman

Postby daaswampman » Sun Oct 16, 2016 7:06 pm

Just In - Breaking News!!!

Let's talk about it some more!!!

Syria conflict: West considers new sanctions over Aleppo

http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-politics-37670528
daaswampman

Postby oldasrocks » Sun Oct 16, 2016 7:31 pm

I don't think the ellte bother thinking about cleaning it all up. They want us ineffective and unable to respond. Other than a pile or 3 of wrecks and lots of decayed bodies that their minions can clean up the infrastructure will all remain.
oldasrocks

Postby daaswampman » Sun Oct 16, 2016 8:39 pm

I think the whole thing is distractions and Putin is about to own the Ukraine "again". We will kiss and make up with some minor concession for Syria and redraw the Russian map "again". That will last until the next time we play this game.

The real question for American is simple - is there anything "over there" worth a war with Russia, China, Etc. Personally I am tired of America being the Worlds policeman, mother, foodbank and destination of last resort. Swamp
daaswampman

Postby Blondie » Wed Oct 19, 2016 10:15 pm

Today fro Reuters, Russian fleet on the move:

http://www.reuters.com/article/us-midea ... SKCN12J2C6
Living In A Powder Keg & Giving Off Sparks
Blondie

Postby kotka73 » Thu Oct 20, 2016 10:54 pm

kotka73

Postby theoutback » Fri Oct 21, 2016 4:28 am

Defcon09 wrote:Hmmmm. Let's see. An emp might knock out 75% of the autos on the road, including 18 wheelers and other transport vehicles. Probably 25% of those would cause serious accidents. Can you imagine the entire closures of hwys like I-5 thru California, I-495/695 around the US capital and Baltimore? I-35 thru TX and Dallas? Bridges not working. And the list goes on.

How many ships would be wiped out. Railroad and airplanes? Radio and TV stations? Do we really think the enemy would be able or wanting to take over the task of cleaning up the country they just destroyed? Sounds a bit insane to me.

Not to mention, they will probably get a retaliatory strike and be in the same position.
theoutback

Postby anita » Fri Oct 21, 2016 12:16 pm

This may or may not be related -- a lot of the internet was down this morning--stuff that Twitter uses, etc. The article explains it better than I could.

https://techcrunch.com/2016/10/21/many- ... ng-outage/

anita, deplorable
In honor of RebNavy: "Then call us Rebels if you will, we glory in the name, for bending under unjust laws and swearing faith to an unjust cause, we count as greater shame". Richmond Daily Dispatch May 12 1862

Semper Fi, Sic Semper Tyrannis, Remember The Alamo, and Aide'toi et Dieu T'aidera!
anita

well worth listening to

Postby JayJay » Fri Oct 21, 2016 1:04 pm

HAPPINESS is not a fish you catch but a fish you feed.
JayJay

Massive ongoing series of cyber attacks.

Postby kotka73 » Fri Oct 21, 2016 3:21 pm

kotka73

PreviousNext

Return to National Disaster Alert